Re: Security and Privacy: This network has been compromised
Thestateofnirvana
Enthusiast - Level 2

So.... over 24 hours later, defintiely the biggest trending thread in here. 41,00 views and this makes 120 replies. No answer from Verizon. Cool. Drop the ball and walk away. Can you hear me now Verizon? I keep earning badges for posting on here and returning. Can I trade those in for a working network? That would be sweet...Screenshot_20190907-005154_Chrome.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to see you leave us Shephp01. I'm sorry this happened. We diffently want to address any issues. Please send us a private message. JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your device. I would like to review this more with you to make sure your concerns are addressed today. Please clarify the issues that you have to better assist. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
NEO_RULES

2 brand new Galaxy 10+ and a tablet. Still in the 30 day return window. $50 per device restocking may be the way I go.

Been with Verizon since Bag phones and the name change.... 

Seriously sick of this. 

JC

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon wireless doesn’t have a 30 day return period, it’s 14 days

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don’t want you to have to consider returning devices and restocking, NEO_RULES. You’re in a great place to get some help. We don’t want to make any assumptions just because of where your message appears. Please tell us more about what’s causing you to consider leaving the Verizon Wireless family.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
KarlUp
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the screen I got. I am not interested in purchasing 'Safe WiFi'. My WiFi network is well secured, thank you very much. WPA2, WPS pushbutton (not PIN). I use WPS pushbutton because I am using a very long, high entropy password that nobody could remember. The WPS pushbutton requires physical access to my router. This is very secure. I keep my router patched, and I regularly run security scans on it. 

So I think scary pop-ups, saying 'This network has been compromised' is more like a third world security scam, than a legitimate marketing ploy. For shame. Oh, and I run OpenVPN on my phone, so I can connect to open WiFi without anyone eavesdropping. VPN is always on, even over the VZ network, so yeah. Compromised... riiiight.

tphilbri
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the correct answer.  The latest update to the My Verizon app brought on this nagging SPAM.  Even if you tell it not to remind you anymore for this network, it ignores the request and asks again.  And again.  Possibly worth it due to the amount of fear based purchases they get by continually reminding us of our unsafe networks?   I just disabled Verizon's Digital Secure app and hope this does the trick.  No doubt it will have an update and reload itself soon, but it might reduce the hassle (better of the two annoyances).  Thank you for "looking out for us" Veri$on.

0 Likes
Knowledge_is_power

By chance, when your phone tells you that you need to update, do you? All the stuff is a scam. Updating your phone is only to make you buy a new phone sooner. Ford used to design car brakes so that they would fail after 10 years. Phones can't be guaranteed to do that. So every time you update your phone, you are contributing to its demise. Your wifi isnt compromised, it's your phone 

0 Likes