Re: Security and Privacy: This network has been compromised
Wrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue JUST started affecting me, as well. Such garbage. 

TWzzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too.  I just wasted a lot of time.

TRM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine started an hour ago. I have deleted all other networks and it's still popping up. My phone updated last night. That's the only thing that has changed. I hate Verizon. I never had these issues with Straight Talk

Eyeronic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing started when I got home from work. I did the Force Stop of the S&P app and so far I haven't seen the pop up message. Thanks for the tip!

DeeJayOwe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where is Verizon in all this?

0 Likes
APityParty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for posting this - such garbage, but truly appreciate an easy workaround

0 Likes
emerald53185

My moto Z2 updated yesterday and now I have this issue today with the security pop-up. To compound this, my calendar had a week's worth of "Please go pick up your iphone at your nearest Apple store" that I did not schedule nor put into my calendar.

0 Likes
Thestateofnirvana
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon it's been 12 hours since this issues has been reported by many many people. Where is your solution? Why is noone on this board from Verizon? They were clearly monitoring this thread at the beginning. We are waiting!! What's the friggin deal?!?!?!?

jarhead74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I have a Galaxy s8plus. I started getting this evening of 09/05. Didn't matter how many times I clicked "Trust for now" it just kept popping up. I've been in the IT department for a fortune 500 company for 40 years. I was the Network supervisor for a few years. I know how to set up my home network and how to trouble shoot. There is no problem with my home network. There is obviously something wrong with the Verizon security app. I see this all the time with software vendors. They update there app and don't thoroughly QA the update. The new code 'breaks' something else in the code and the vendor doesn't admit it's there bad code until a number of customers complain and start threatening to drop their software; hardware; etc. This should be a severety 1 issue for Verizon support as the bug is consistantly affecting many users. I've been involved working with support departments with different vendors. There are levels in the support area users have to traverse to get resolutions. This one should be kicked up to Verizon Security& Privacy app developers immeditately to provide a resolution. Verizon 1st level support obviously has no clue what the bug is or how to resolve it. 

shephp01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

All you had to do is explain WHY this error is generated. The ineptitude of your representatives is troubling.

I created this forum account today simply to say that after 20 years of loyalty, Verizon now has another former customer.