Re: Security and Privacy: This network has been compromised
Armyadarkness
Enthusiast - Level 1

The mere fact that no one, not even Verizon, has any clue at all about this app or its behavior, speaks volumes. As most have said... Typical Verizon. They're only experts in selling... They're complete failures at customer service.

There should be a number to call for answeres.... You shouldnt have to join a forum and spend an entire day searching... You didn't have to go far when you wanted to buy a phone... but now that you own it, you're on your own.

Verizon is horrible at customer care.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Armyadarkness, your time is valuable and should not be spent searching for answers. Your security is key as phones hold so much information these days. The good news is, you may manage these security settings online. Simply sign in to the Security and Privacy dashboard at https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login?goto=https%3A%2F%2Fdevicesecurityandprivacyservi... there select the Products & Apps, Manage your products and scroll down to the Manage security & Privacy. 

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nicoletaetsch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am receiving the same message ALL THE TIME now afgter a recent upgrade. My husband, also a Verizon user and android user, started receiving this message after he installed an update a few weeks ago. It seems to me this is clearly an issue with the update. I receive this message at home (on my verzion fios wifi) and now I am getting it at work. It is INCREDIBLY disruptive. 

kmoney12341
Enthusiast - Level 1

What are the triggers for this app to determine that a network has been compromised or is unsafe?

So far Verizon's responses have been pretty weak.  Contact the ISP? Why... it's my router.  My wifi network.  Is the app saying my ISP's network is unsafe?

Disable the app notifications.  Really... hey customers we don't know how our apps work or why they do what they do so you should ignore them.

Mindypin
Enthusiast - Level 2
😂
0 Likes
MGogulapati
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today early morning I received this notification from the "Security & Privacy App"[S&PApp], I couldn't figure out right away the meaning of the message due to lack of context. After 20 minutes of troubleshooting, I found that "S&PApp" auto update is the only change on my mobile phone.

What didn't change:
1) my home wifi password - 4 months old
2) my router config - 8 months old
3) my cell phone (& S&PApp) - 9 months old
4) my ISP - 2 years old

What changed:
1) today at 5:10 AM: Auto update of virus definitions in S&PApp.

What I suggest as improvements in S&PApp:
1) Error Message needs to state the network name, so that average user is aware of the context for the message
- [Example] The security of the "WIFI NETWORK NAME" network has compromised
2) Enable "Manage Wi-Fi Network" capability to "Basic Users", to enable customers to save their preferred wi-fi networks in the S&PApp
- I could not save my home Wi-FI network by following instructions in your community guide.

Refernce Pictures: 
Need a Reference Name of NetworkChange: Updated definitionsUnable to manage preferred Wi-Fi networks

M G
whymustidothis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just started getting this at home too - on my verizon provided DSL using a verizon router with the security verizon provided

Cyndib917
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone updated last night and now all day long, constantly, this message is popping up no matter what I do. I check the box to always allow and trust now and immediately the box pops right back up. Is this a way of forcing me to use my data??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A constant pop up message can be annoying, I hear you on that, Cyndib917. Just to confirm "This Network has been Compromised" is the message you are referring to, correct? I can reassure you that this is in no way shape or form a way to force you to use data. Have you attempted to disable the app to see if the pop up continues? What is the make/model of your device? Did your phone do a software update, or did the app update?  JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
Ughmahedhurtz
Enthusiast - Level 1
Parents are getting this "WARNING THIS NETWORK HAS BEEN COMPROMISED AND MAY PUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA AT RISK!!1!" scary message on their Verizon Note 9 units this week. No changes to network. No changes to Wi-Fi. No changes to phone settings. No changes to devices on the LAN. No changes to anything else. VERY annoying.