Screen is black, phone is on?
Dhaney

Can I log in and force a cloud update?  My phone rings, I cannot answer because screen is black.  I just upsized my cloud storage, can I force a cloud back up so that I won't lose everything, from my computer?

I have pictures from my 20th anniversary on there:(

Thanks

Delana

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen is black, phone is on?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What type of phone do you have? What happened to the phone right before this happened? Did you get an phone update or did you download a new app? Have you tried to hold the phone under a light to see if you can see the screen that way. I had a old motorola droid that had the same problem and putting it under a light gave me just enough to see to go and brighten the screen up. 

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Right, depending on the phone, there may be a third party program you could use to connect to it.

What you might try, if an Android is to connect it with a cable to PC. It might connect by default if you have done this in the past. Try it. You may be able to copy and paste your anniversary photos onto the PC for safe keeping before you try resetting it, or sending it in for repair.

0 Likes
Dhaney

it says that the new software update just defaults to USB charge only when connecting to computer an I can't see screen to change it?

How do I just make sure the cloud on verizon soes a sync or something before the reset?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

To your first question - did you try it?

To your second - I have no idea.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You can log in to your Verizon Cloud online through My Verizon.

Also, you might be surprised by going to photos.google.com and logging in with your Gmail email and password. There is a solid chance that your picture are already backed up.