Saving Pictures received from Email to the phone.
BHFX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have the Droid Eris. My daughter sent me some picture via a text message. Whan I select a picture in the messages app and go to the MENU my options are: "Set as" and "Details". Under "set as" I don't see an option to save the picture to the Photo Album.

Is there a way to save pictures to the phone that I receive this way?

I'm away from home and will receive many pictures of my grand children and I would like to save them in a place other than the "Messages"  app/folder.

BHFX

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Saving Pictures received from Email to the phone.
petertm

I have the Motorola Droid and I just figured this out today... I am not sure if it is the same for the Eris but I bet it is. If you touch and hold the attachment another menu pops up, which includes "Copy Attached to SD card"   Hope this helps...

0 Likes
BHFX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for you tip, however I have the Droid Eris and it doesn't have that feature. If anyone has the Eris and can tell me how to "save" my emailed photos to the SD card and not just "set as" lock screen, wallpaper etc. please let me know.

BHFX

0 Likes
rfthirteen

I also have the Eris.  The only way I have found that you can "save" the photo to an SD card is to forward the SMS message to your email and then open the email, download the image (click the download arrow), click on the paperclip after it has downloaded and there is an option to save to SD card.  If it is an email, naturally, you can skip the first step.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

If the messages came directly into your messaging, then you can most likely download the app called Save MMS. Then save pics to the SD card.

0 Likes
jdeharo26

Someone said there is an app called SAVE MMS and that seemed to have worked for a lot of people.

0 Likes
vanced99

Just bought Eris and wondered that myself. Received an mp3 I wanted to save. I found that if hold down on the message (underneath the sender's avatar) it highlights the entire message, then I swipe to the left to open "Message Options". It gave me save audio, call, save to contacts, send SMS, forwad, viewe message details and delete message. I don't think it saved it to SD card, but perhaps you can find the saved attachment and go from there? Hope this at least gets you started in the right direction. Diane

0 Likes