Saving Photos/Ringtones to an LG Ally
cynd1231

Okay, I bit the bullet ad upgraded to an LG Ally Android.  So how can I save pictures to the device to use as screen display images?  And how do I add my own ringtones?? Is there special software required?  I've got things on my PC that I'd like to transfer over.  Anything special I need to do to prepare the micr9oSD card or a special cable I need to buy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Saving Photos/Ringtones to an LG Ally
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

cynd1231 wrote:

Okay, I bit the bullet ad upgraded to an LG Ally Android.  So how can I save pictures to the device to use as screen display images?  And how do I add my own ringtones?? Is there special software required?  I've got things on my PC that I'd like to transfer over.  Anything special I need to do to prepare the micr9oSD card or a special cable I need to buy?

To save pictures you mean from like a text message? You just long tap on the side of the picture/sound and a menu should pop up. Tap " save to sd card". You can make your own ringtones free.Use the RingDroid app in the market. Just go to search & type that name out. Download it and you can make ringtones from the songs that are in your phone or record a ringtone. I think the Ally already comes with a usb data cable,so you should be good to go with that to transfer things from your computer to your device.

0 Likes
pattyfuss

If you have a picture in the picture gallery that you want to use as a screen display image - I assume you mean wallpaper? - then open that picture up in the gallery > click on menu> click on more then > set as. you will get the option of setting that picture as a contact icon or as  wallpaper.

When you connect your phone to your computer with the USB cord that came with the phone, you will need to pull down the notification area and choose to "mount". This lets the phone show up on the computer as a separate drive. You can add pictures and whatever else you would like then from your computer to your phone. Don't forget to unmount when you are done and before you unplug the phone from the computer.

0 Likes
carolinamissy

I tried to use the USB cable that came with the phone to down load files, but every time I connect the phone to the computer, it tells me to insert a disc to download additional software. I didn't get a disc when I bought the phone. Is there a way to down load the MP3's without it? If not, where might I get the software?

0 Likes
rcsbooks
Enthusiast - Level 3

First, you have to download and install the drivers for your ally on your computer from this website for LG

LG Resources After that, your phone will then be recognized by your computer as a removable drive (IE - A flash drive).  You don't need to purchase a special cable to connect your phone to your computer. Just use the usb cable that came with your phone. just pull the cable out of the end of your charger brick. It would be a usb cable that you can plug into one of your usb ports on your computer. At that point, you can use windows media player to download your music from your computer to your phone and Google's Picasa to download and transfer your pictures to your phone. I have written a book that shows this step by step. Click Here for a sample with more detailed instructions on how to download files from your computer to your phone.  Actually after transferring  your music to your phone, you can use that as your ringtone by playing the song in your music player and while the song is playing, press the menu button and the option for setting that song as a ringtone will be there. I hope that this helps you

Reginald

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes