Re: Saved, secured wifi connection issue with Droid Turbo
LH2007Oct
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are so full of it because I contacted Verizon as well as Motorola and this whole thread is on the Verizon site.  I swear it's their way of getting people to use more data so they can make more money.  It's ridiculous!!!!!  I wish I would have left Verizon when I had the chance.

0 Likes
issueresolved

We discovered (through trial and error) this device will NOT connect to a Cisco wireless network if WPA2 and AES are a choice.  It has to be WPA – TKIP as the ONLY choice.

Connects right away.

0 Likes
Jman594

Please go read the thread on XDA. I outlined the comment below. Do not lower your security posture to accommodate this phone. I attempted this in my troubleshooting steps, but I wasn't going to entertain leaving it that way even for a minute.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-turbo/help/droid-turbo-wireless-issue-cisco-wlc-t2925844

***From previous comment***

Just log in with your domain credentials thusly:

domain\username

There's a quirk in the supplicant. I have a thread explaining it better over at XDA-developers. Just Google search for 'droid turbo wireless issue (Cisco wlc)'.

0 Likes
DCG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

is there a solution on the client end?  Now my company (using Cisco router) needs to make a firmware upgrade?  I'm using my old razr in the office like a pda and using my phone as a paper weight.  Oh wait, verizon customer service says there is no documented issue.  Again, it must be my imagination.

0 Likes
issueresolved

I agree with you!  But this solution was for a public wireless network that is setup with encryption, so the fix was an acceptable one.

0 Likes
kevin864
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine has the same issue on the open network here at work. My old phone,everybody else's works fine. Not the turbo. Ditched the unlimited plan and not liking this at all.

DCG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just try calling tech support.  They will tell you its not a documented problem.  Unfortunately for me Verizon provides the best coverage in my area and they seem to know it.  I will drop them as soon as I can

0 Likes
kevin864
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well. Now I'm carrying my old phone connected to WiFi and tethered to my new phone. Just wonderful.

0 Likes
DCG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my frustrating Verizon customer support call, I was given the opportunity to take a brief survey in which I rated them a zero.  A few weeks later Verizon called me for more information and have them the whole story including info on this thread.  Now it doesn't mean they've done anything, but I tried to make someone aware of the problem.  If you get a chance rate them give them zeros.

0 Likes
5844dwk30
Contributor - Level 1

Same issue with apple airport routers at work droid will connect but phone reboots non stop until you turn WiFi off have to carry two phones one just to WiFi this is bs never had a phone yet that wouldn't connect suppose to have s fix with 5.1 but by the time Verizon gets around to that prob will be time to ditch this for another phone

0 Likes