Re: Saved, secured wifi connection issue with Droid Turbo
Snn5
Legend

It's very possible to "connect" to a wifi but not have any input or output if the network is set to block new devices.  I know home routers can do this as I have mine set this way...to block all new devices even with password.  They connect, but then do nothing and since there is no data flow the devices will just save the network.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Will agree They do have good Helpful Techs..  and unless it's already been asked I'd ask the Building Administrator if all or Certain Devises are allowed on the Wi-Fi

ro881239
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. it does - no problems with my Droid Razr

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ro881239 wrote:

Yes.  it does - no problems with my Droid Razr

Explain please. Yes they do use a MAC filter or something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ro881239
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no idea what type of filter is used.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your work IT department personnel would know if there is a MAC filter on the wifi network or not. If they have no idea, then they aren't from the right group that setup/manage the wifi network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LH2007Oct
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just purchased this phone yesterday (2/9) and I am having the same exact problem.  I had the Droid Maxx prior and I had no issues connecting to my company WiFi with that phone.  Now I can't and my data is racking up.  I am starting to think this is a ploy by Verizon in order to rack up data usage. 

ro881239
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read somewhere that there will be a "fix" until then I have taken to turning off the data on the phone while at work and turning it on when I leave.  It would take some doing in the IT department to make it work and that is not happening here & there is probably a glitch in the phone, although it connects to every other wifi in town!!

LH2007Oct
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took my phone to the IT department here at work and they have absolutly no idea why it would not connect.  They have no restrictions as far and devices so it is obviously a glitch with the phone itself.  I am still in my trial period and while I really like the features of this phone I may have to switch to a Samsung Galaxy.

ro881239
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck.