Samsung software update, email not working properly
fscarbrough

My Samsung software updated yesterday. Now, when I am outside my 4G network, I can no longer send or receive emails. What setting change am I overlooking? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung software update, email not working properly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Updates are meant to improve your device. I  regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing fscarbrough. Let's get to the bottom of your email concerns. Do you no longer have 4G service on your phone? Are you only having issues with the email app or are you unable to access any data on the phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
fscarbrough

I'm not sure about other data. My email is the big issue. Unable to receive or send any emails outside of the 4G network. As soon as I get back in range, my email updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's troubleshoot a little further fscarbrogh. The reason I asked if you are able to access the internet, is to ensure you have a data connection. A data connection is required in order for your email to sync to your device successfully. Are you using a third party app to retrieve your emails? Have you tried to remove and re-add your email account?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
fscarbrough

Yes, I use Comcast for my email. The data connection works fine when I am in my local network area. Outside of this area, nothing. Has to be a setting change that occurred with the update, as it has always worked just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello fscarbrough,

Thanks for your patience, as we continue to work to identify what's causing this issue. Just to clarify, when you are outside the 4G network, are you then connected to WiFi, or is your phone dropping down to 3G or 1X?

MichelleH_VZW
0 Likes