Samsung forced Lollipop update bricked my phone. Zero customer service.
goose3

I am and have been a Verizon customer for many years. It is the only service I have ever had. I've never had a single complaint until now. My Samsung Galaxy S4 was PERFECT and had no problems. Then the first lollipop update (as any web search will confirm) wreaked havoc on my phone with overheating, battery loss, wifi connectivity problems, digits whiting out... the list goes on. Then the update to the update was forced upon my phone and the phone began scrambling and shutting down. Three days later my phone turned off for the last time and would not reboot.

When I took the phone to my local Verizon store, the clerk there said she couldn't get the phone to power on either, and that I was out of warranty. Basically told me I was out of luck with support from Verizon at that point. Verizon bricks my phone and tells me tough luck. If you go to their website for contact info they shuffle you here to a controlled forum environment.

Well. I'm stuck with Verizon until January. My daughter with me until March.

We will both be moving to a competitor.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung forced Lollipop update bricked my phone. Zero customer service.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did they try a different battery at the Verizon store? When you plug it in to charge does anything happen? Light to indicate charging?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

goose3,

Having device issues is never any fun. We want to have the best experience with your device so you can also enjoy our great network. We reget to learn of this unpleasant experience. We would be sadden to lose a valued customer like yourself. Let's turn this around right now. We have sent you a private message so we can take a closer look into this.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
goose3

Sir, I am immensely uncomfortable giving either my social security numbers or my password to anyone in a forum environment. If you are Verizon Support, my login here is tied directly to my email and hence to my Verizon account.

This is insane. Private messages on a forum? How about a phone call. How can you expect the average customer to jump through these hoops just to be heard?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You will not receive a phone call.  Private/Direct Messages are to you and from the Rep only.  We do not see your info in the forum.  Reps need to know you are who you say you are to further assist you on an account-basis.  They ask the same questions you'd be asked over a phone call or via Live Chat options.  This is no different.

goose3

It is very different. If I were directed to call Verizon and they asked those questions it would be understandable. How else would you verify anyone calling in? I login here directly from my Verizon account. It is tied to my Verizon account. By the simple act of being here, I am who I am.

THEY can see that, even if the pubic at large can't.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not sure what else to tell you if you want help from a Verizon Rep.  You can always call them though.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can also get on chat.

Snn5
Legend

Either way...you have to prove who you are even though you have already logged in.

0 Likes
goose3

Yes, thank you both. I could call or I could chat, or I could private message on a forum. What I DID do was go physically into their store and received shabby treatment as if I were on a quest to score a free phone somehow, after years and years of faithful service.

Posting here is mainly my way of venting, as I do not expect help from Verizon in any form. That ship has sailed.

Disgruntled, you could say Smiley Happy

0 Likes