Samsung Stratosphere text notifications
ntiggr2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my Samsung Stratosphere for 2 wks and everything was fine until today. When I receive a text, the notification sounds off twice in a row. I tried changing the notification sound but now it plays the new sound and then the old one right after. Vzw didn't know what to do about it so I contacted Samsung. They said to do a hard factory reset but that I would lose my contacts, emails, downloaded apps, purchased ringtones and music by doing this and that the backup assistant would not work to restore any of it after a hard reset.

I have tried removing the battery while the phone was still on, leaving it out for a few minutes, replacing the battery and turning phone back on. I also deleted a missed call reminder app thinking that may be the problem, but it wasn't.

Anyone have another solution than a hard reset and losing everything?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Stratosphere text notifications
vsuzanne78
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you back everything up to an SD card before you do a hard reset, you will be able to get most everything back. For your apps, you can get "App Backup & Restore" by INFOLIFE LLC for free on the android market. It will save your apps, and after you do the hard reset, download the app again to restore your apps to your phone.

View solution in original post

vsuzanne78
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you back everything up to an SD card before you do a hard reset, you will be able to get most everything back. For your apps, you can get "App Backup & Restore" by INFOLIFE LLC for free on the android market. It will save your apps, and after you do the hard reset, download the app again to restore your apps to your phone.

ntiggr2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks you so much. Did everything you said and it worked great! Phone back to normal.

0 Likes
vsuzanne78
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are very welcome!  Glad everything worked out for you

0 Likes