Samsung Stratosphere, screen black out to fast
BZSubmaximal

Ok, Just upgraded to a Samsung Stratosphere from a Droid 2 Global..so far...MAJOR MAJOR improvement. The one problem I constantly have with my stratosphere is..

When I go to open the phone, I tap the "power key"..the screen lites up, but often shuts back down(to black) within 2-3 seconds.

I have set the screen time out several times to 1 minute or more..but still I get this random, crash to black often(the phone is crashed..just the creen goes dark..I can start it back up with another press to the power key..but 1 press of the key should be enough...shouldn't it?)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere, screen black out to fast
suebdo

I just got the same phone 2 days ago and have noticed the same issue. The phone itself doesn't crash, but the screen saver activates, and I can just press the button again to 'wake up' the phone.. But it's an annoying irritation on an otherwise great device.

0 Likes
schilders

Same issue here...just got the phone over the weekend and found that to be very annoying.

0 Likes
ihnas

I too had this problem and I dicovered by accident thait if I get a call and use the handset to my ear and then pull it away the screen stays on.. But if I answer it using my wired earpiece the screen goes black.. it must be the sensor and software that realizes if the sensor is activated because you have it dark (because it at your head) vs picking up with speaker or wiredearpiece or I would think blue tooth headsets..It's definetly not right and I hope a fix is in the works. short term answer the phone the old fasion way holding it to your ear..

0 Likes
NancyPJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you "unlocking" the phone after you wake it up? Mine will get dimmer and go to black after I hit the Power button to wake but don't swipe to unlock it. If I unlock it, it stays on for as long as I set it to.

0 Likes
corndog555

You have to unlock it otherwise it will go black because its just like if it was in your purse/pocket/bag and accidentally got hit. If you are having an issue after you unlock it, make sure you dont have it on battery save mode. If you do, it defaults to 10 seconds, to save the battery :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes