Re: Samsung Stratosphere keeps flashing the Samsung logo.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Again if you don't use your full screen name in your signiature, it's practically impossible for someone to follow you and therefore to send you a DM.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries demmo86rt! I just sent you a request. Please accept and follow me back so that we can assist.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

why did you send a follow request?  They are not the one asking for assistance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

A follow request has also been sent to inventor61!

Thank you Ann154!

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
walterk55

The  Samsung Stratosphere is about the worst phone Samsung has ever made and certainly the worst one I have ever owned.  It is a real loser.  Unstable, slow, prone to endless problems.  Samsung goofed badly.  Verizon should never have chosen to sell this model.  Just after I paid $50 for mine, Verizon began giving them away for free!  Verizon certainly knows what they are worth!

Samsung has proven to be a real stone wall in terms of doing anything real to remedy the phone's problems.  Their customer support is a combination of apologies and lame exercises meant to cure the phones problems.  They do not work.  This phone is simply bad.  Really rotten.

I fault most however Verizon since they know this model has a problem, and they do not use their considerable leverage with Samsung for a real remedy.  You have to wait for a free upgrade.  I am condemned to either buying a working phone or putting up with two years of this Samsung Stratosphere.

Resolved!  Never buy another Samsung phone.  Never ever.  Simply will not do it. 

Change provider when I can.  Verizon charges a premium price, and gives substandard service.. 

Customers who have been cheated - and Samsung Stratosphere owner really have been cheated, MUST vote with their feet and do what they can and what Verizon and Samsung understand - stop giving either your hard earned money.

>>Edited to remove profanity<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

lmao

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're definitely concerned with your outlook walterk55! I have personally owned many Samsung phones, including the Stratosphere and my current device! I enjoyed nothing but excellent performance. What's going on with yours?

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ejgold55

+1 on walterk55's review.  Unfortunately, I'm coming from a Blackberry and I desired an Android phone with a keyboard and I'm not an apple guy.  This phone worked for a few months and then I suppose sunlight touched it and it turned into the most worthless, useless technology on earth.  Not just in the United States, but Earth.  I had the great luck of experiencing about every problem this phone has in each of the forums here. 

Since I bought a new phone from the "big all mighty" verizon in November 2011 I figured I would not need insurance for a brand new, state of the art, 4G LTE smartphone of the future......i even jokingly calling this useless brick "state of the art".  As i digress  I can hear Customer Service laughing as they read that and say "ha ha, time for a new phone and $$ on my verizon comission check". 

So now a year an half later, quite coincidently a week after my upgrade is due, 2,295,610 restarts (hard, soft, on, off, every way possible.....), 234,365 dropped calls, that awesome screeching noise that randomly happens while talking to someone, along with 300 customer service calls pumped of hot air and lies, my Strato-Crud screen shows the 4G LTE logo with the rings and keeps replaying itself at a snails pace....I turned on the phone at 1:24pm and not until 2:10pm was i able to access the unlock screen.

I suppose I can save customer service some time and acknowledge you cant do anything.  No, Mr./Mrs. customer service person, i do not want to do a Factory Reset again for the 150th time and lose all my data.... again...... but send me emails with smiley faces, lol's, exclamation points and lots and lots of "im sorry's". 

Also I already know that you know there is no fix and a new phone is inevitable since i have to keep my service on.  Or I can call you to get the same hot air and within a milla second you try to sell me another phone at full price.  Or i can live chat with customer service to once again acknowledge nothing can be done and once again be swindled into a new phone since no solution exists.

That's great technique...... knowing the phone is now free, so sell the client a new one.  Don't admit fault for purchasing a bad product and charging me $150 for it.  Don't try to use your leverage with Samsung to do something creative for current customers with no late payments since day 1 of signing up with Verizon.  Please make upgrading phones as difficult and frustrating as possible. 

So i guess thats it.  Surely i will not receive a response, i gurantee i wont get a new phone, and this is the most ridiculous part, i will most likely receive a sales call for a new phone. 

TOO BIG TO FAIL.........

>>Edited to comply with <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ejgold55

atta boy Verizon......just let this post, this forum, all these comments....just let them rot until it goes away.

TOO BIG TO FAIL

0 Likes
ejgold55

That's a great generic, useless reply that is applicable to about any question that involves a cell phone not working correctly.  Excellent solution from the professionals on this unorganized circus called a Verizon Support Forum.....turn off the phone, erase all your data and see if that works; if not you lost all your data and still have a useless brick of a phone so I can sell you a new one at full price to fatten my commission check as I could care less what phone you have or how well it works.

0 Likes