Samsung Stratosphere keeps flashing the Samsung logo.
l_bishop05

I have had a Samsung Stratosphere since December of 2011 and have had it replaced twice, once because of the Samsung logo flashing on and off. Now my third one is flashing again to the point where it's not even usable. I have read multiple forums on how to fix the problem, I have tried the hard factory reset by holding the volume up key, volume down key and power key to where the menu pops up, and it won't even let me do that without it turning itself off. I am severely frustrated because I do not have a warranty left on it and my insurance was cancelled. My upgrade isn't for another three months and I cannot go that long without a phone as summer is approaching and I will be traveling. As you can see I'm out of options and do not want to spend the money on buying a new phone when I have an upgrade available  in August. Someone please help me!

- Lauren

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere keeps flashing the Samsung logo.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello I_bishop05,

I know that you are excited to use all of the features of your Stratosphere. After all, it's one of the most popular messaging smartphone. Let's get this resolved for you. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? If not then please send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a brief summary of the issue so I can explore creative options.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tma416

my samsung stratosphere shut off on its on and will not restart. the samsung logo and battery charger keep flashing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning tma416.

I'm sorry you're having the same problems with your Stratosphere. I'm sure we can get this resolved. How long have you had your device? When did this happen? Since all you get is the Samsung Logo, you can do a Hard Reset. You may have to do the Alternate Method reset since nothing comes up on your screen. However, you can try a simple battery & SIM card removal for 30 seconds, then restart. If this doesn't work, here are steps for Hard Reset: http://vz.to/YWcpkj

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nancy76

My stratosphere will turn off randomly and occaisionally it will turn back on by itself, but if it doesnt it just flashes samsung and will not turn back on until a few minutes later. This happens over and over again. What is the problem?

0 Likes
tms319

I am having the same problem and this is my 3rd replacement phone and i am not eligible for an upgrade until February and the warranty expired.  It is so frustrating.  They replaced my phone with a refurbished and the same thing keeps happening. I have tried hard and soft resets, removed sim card.. you name it. 

0 Likes
tms319

It doesn't work.  I have tried the soft reset, volume up down key reset, hard reset, removing sim card. 

0 Likes
tms319

When i try the reset now what happens is the message will flash to select VOL UP to continue, yet when i press the VOL UP key it just returns to flashes SAMSUNG.

0 Likes
inventor61

My daughter's phone (same model) is having exactly the same problem.  In a different thread, another customer is reporting the problem she is reporting as well.

Her phone will not respond to the Android boot control sequence.

No amount of battery power cycling or SIM card removal and re-installation has any effect whatsoever.

Since her phone is inoperable, please contact me on mine (which isn't all that reliable, either).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there inventor61,

I am sorry to hear that your daughter's phone is still having issues.  It also concerns me that you feel yours isn't relaible either.  I absolutely want to make that you both have fully functional devices.

I would be more than happy to contact you to continue troubleshooting so we can resolve these issues.  Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and I can certainly reach out to you.  I am confident that we can get this resolved.

Nicholas_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes