Samsung Stratosphere and Frustrations
SamsungStratosphere
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just curious to see if there are others out there who experience the same issues with this anroid smartphone or Verizon in general.  I have increasing issues with regularly dropped calls and poor reception in my home and neighborhood.  Calls to Verizon support have confirmed there is no reason for this to be happening in my area.  I even went so far as to purchase the network extender for $200+, with still no change in the reception issues.  I may get higher bars and 4G now but the phone still drops 2 out of 5 calls made or received in my home.  The worst frustration comes when I am on hold for important business or medical issues and my phone drops the call!!!  This week it was a doctor call that dropped and it took forever to get back to the person I had received the call from at the doctor's office!

I know the common drill ... call support from a landline phone and they will check things out on my phone.  I do not have a landline phone.  Also, the longer I have this phone during this two-year contract, the more often it freezes or gets hung up when I need it to work or make calls.  My next upgrade is coming up in February and I am becoming more and more sure that I will be changing carriers, even after all these years with Verizon.  The frustration is just not worth it and my other neighbors have never had the problems that I and my other neighbors with Verizon have on a daily basis.  Anyone else out there have similar issues? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere and Frustrations
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SamsungStratosphere,

I want you to have the best wireless experience possible! Dropping 40% of your calls is not normal for our network. Have you called us to troubleshoot? Have we submitted a resolution ticket to our network team to check further? If so, what is the NRB number provided, we can follow up on the status. I would first recommend to make sure that you have the latest software version available (Settings>AboutPhone>SystemUpdates), then I would recommend running in Safe Mode http://vz.to/PPvmW7 for a day (without any 3rd party applications) and test for dropped calls. If calls don't drop while in Safe Mode, then a 3rd party app is interfering with your phone's connectivity and must be removed. Lamentably, there is no easy way to identify the conflicting application. You will have to remove all downloaded applications and then install one at time and test for a while before your next install. Once you identify the culprit, just delete it for good. Let us know if these troubleshooting steps make a difference.

Antonio_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes