Samsung Stratosphere Stopped Charging?
Dwayne78

Ok I am getting a little irritated, everytime I have a problem with a phone, which for some reason is ALL THE TIME, Verizon pushes a phone on me that is a bigger p.o.c. than the last one.  The screen cracked on my phone maybe a week ago, after getting the run around from asurion I said fine, the phone works, everything is fine, saves me a hundred bucks I can deal with a screen  issue.  then I plug my phone in toinight, take a nap, when I wake up its dead???? Finally get the thing to turn on and it shows an orange bar with the little lightning bolt,  but it never gets above 0% charging, so now, I will be without a phone until I can hope to find one I can use, but this seeems to be a common problem, there are a hundred threads online about this.  I have switched chargers, cords, wall outlets, no success.  So what is the deal?  PLEASE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere Stopped Charging?
B33
Legend

How are U charging it Dwayn.? 

0 Likes
Dwayne78

Using the wall charger it came with. Now it has decided to charge. We will

see.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's what i use all the Time if your Battery Pulls all the Way to the Phone Shuts off and i do this on my Maxx's it might take a Few to Several minutes to start Charging but letting the Battery pull down to Zero is a Good thing any way it is for the Motorola's and Motorola even Suggests it. And then i Charge them for at least 6 Hours..

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I just want to add, that it's not good to deep-discharge a LIon battery. I presume that is the technology used in the battery for the SS. I also allow my phone (LG Spectrum) to go until it shuts itself off. Presumably this avoids taking the battery so low in charge as to impact it's lifing.

There is some interesting reading here and elsewhere on the web:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery

In general, you don't want to charge them too fast, you don't want to deep-discharge them, you don't want to expose them to high temperatures, and you don't want to store them with a very low charge on them.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea i done allot of reading and Research especially on my particular Model because of the disadvantage of removing the Battery it's a not a option & my thinking was pull the Battery down to 5 or 1 % and then charge But Motorola says it's best to let the Battery drain till the unit shut's itself off. that's the way i like to do Mine!  But each is to it's own & what ever works the best for the individual and there needs is i guess the Way to go..

0 Likes