Samsung Stratosphere Problems
marie11

I have had all of the following issues with my phone. 

1)  flashing of battery saying it was charging (it was not)

2)  changing the charger - bought 2 chargers (1 from Verizon 1 from Best Buy)

3)  calling Samsung

4) calling Verizon

5) Visiting a Verizon store

The bottom line is the phone did not charge.  It is the charging port.

I went to Batteries Plus and bought an external docking station from them for $24.99 and so far when I insert the phone back into the phone it works completely fine.  The only bad thing is that I can't use the phone while it's charging but I found batteries online for as low as $3.00. 

I could purchase a new phone but this is aggravating because the phone is only a year old.  It's the 2nd one I have had.  The first one the on/off button got stuck in the phone.  I should have just replaced it with an iPhone at the time.

Do not waste your money on new chargers.  They will work for awhile but then stop.

Get an external docking station.  Verizon did not tell me this.  I had a lightbulb moment and the one light in all of this is that Batteries Plus knows what they are doing.  They woke up my battery, tested it, showed me how to use the external charger and so far it's working.  Also, I agree it seems no one from Verizon and Samsung is aware of this problem.  The only people that are aware of the issue are the customers that are struggling every day to do one simple thing CHARGE THEIR PHONE.

Thank you to Batteries Plus.  Should have made that my first stop. 

Comment updated to new discussion

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere Charging Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello marie11,

First, I would like to say that I SUPER happy to see that your issue with sharing your phone has been resolved. It's always refreshing to see our customer's concern taken care of. Keep in mind that we are always here to support you in any way we can. If you have any device and/or service concerns then do not hesitate to reach out to us. The issue that you had may not have been brought to the attention of the manufacturer. If you believe that this issue is mainstream then we can fill out a product issue report on the battery to the manufacturer. This way such issues can get the attention that it deserves.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere Problems
marie11

Thank you but it's not really resolved.  It's a temporary fix.

Verizon did nothing to help.  I solved this issue on my own without any direction from  Verizon or Samsung.

Marie Walker

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere Problems
marie11

My problem along with the others is the same.  The charging port has become loose and when you insert the charger it doesn't make the connection.

It is an issue with the design of the phone.  I didn't drop it or abuse it.  Just by taking the charger in and out cause it to loosen over time.

I have to charge the battery outside of the phone.

Marie Walker

0 Likes