Samsung S6 Edge manufacturing defect
xisthekey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I woke up this morning and went out with some friends and discovered that the front camera on my phone was fogged up. Ok, maybe the adhesive is messed up but this is clearly a manufacturing defect in my opinion. I talk to Verizon customer service and they push me off on the insurance company. The insurance company then pushes me off on the warranty. I then call Verizon and even go to a store to talk to them and immediately told it is due to my negligence that no way could this be a warranty problem. If I dropped the phone or doused it in water wouldn't more items be affected than just the front camera? The store manager named Zach Roy was a huge pain as he dismissed my concerns and told me that its too bad and I would have to file an insurance claim if I wanted it fixed. Why must I pay 199 dollars for something I didn't do? Why am I automatically at fault for an issue I didn't cause? I understand warranty claims and know what they are held to but I didn't drop or expose this phone to water so why must I pay for something I didn't break? If I have to pay anything it will be to switch service providers and go elsewhere before I pay 199 dollars to fix a phone I didn't break! This is absurd and ridiculous, I am appalled that Verizon even lets it get this far that I am so mad I am willing to spend any and all time I have available to fight this. I will will spend 199 dollars to switch my number before I give any more money to Verizon at this point.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S6 Edge manufacturing defect
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please talk to Samsung, not Verizon. Samsung will process an RMA for you to send the device to them (please have a cheap, spare phone handy if they don't do an Advance RMA) for repair.

I had a moisture related issue with my Note 4 a few months after I received the device. At the Top left corner, it appears the glass wasn't situated fully on the device. I always remember it being like that from un-boxing that phone. One day on a colder winter day, I went to use my phone and saw moisture in between the screen and the glass. My back button was also malfunctioning - the digitizer for finger input had gotten damaged but the S Pen was still working fine. None of the moisture sensors were tripped. I RMA'd the device with Samsung, and they sent a replacement to me, no charge, no question.

Use the Samsung Live Chat and have your device IMEI handy to put in an RMA Claim. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/live-chat.html

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S6 Edge manufacturing defect
xisthekey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response I will try that route.

0 Likes