Samsung S5 smileys stop halfway between some after the recent system update. Can it get fixed soon?
LaurenCMassie
Enthusiast - Level 2

AAfter the recent update for the Samsung S5, I have noticed that in the message app. that some of the smileys do not show up. It stops haof way between a few of them. itmonly stops halfway between one of the six pages of smileys. It stops on the icon where it shows an actual smiley face. And when you scroll down it stops at the line with a bride, a santa, an angel, etc.

also in the "recently used" smileys, the ones that are actually missing because it stios halfway between that one page, those don't show up on recently used

will this ever get fixed? It's really annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S5 smileys stop halfway between some after the recent system update. Can it get fixed soon?
LaurenCMassie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called them about this issue as well. And they actually helped me fix it! It's really sad how I fixed it though. Try going to "settings" then go to "applications" then "application manager" then swipe over to "All" then scroll down to "messages" since that's the app it's on.and then you need to push "clear data."

It fixed the problem for me and also for my boyfriend. The only bad thing about it is that it clears all the data. So it cleans the notification sound and settings you have for your messages and it also clears your priority sender. But it was worth it to get the smileys back! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S5 smileys stop halfway between some after the recent system update. Can it get fixed soon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your messaging icons LaurenCMassie. We want you to have the best experience when using your phone and updating software. I recommend removing the 3rd party messaging or keyboard application and readding it back to your device. That app may need an update or you may need to install and more updated version of the application. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow  us on Twitter @Vzwsupport

0 Likes
LaurenCMassie
Enthusiast - Level 2

The messaging app that I am using on my S5 is the one that it comes with, so the smileys aren't an add on to it, they come with the phone. I am also not using a 3rd part keyboard application or messaging application.

0 Likes
LaurenCMassie
Enthusiast - Level 2

unnamed.png this is what it looks like. it stops down at the bottom of those smileys only on this page. All the other pages are fine

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sending a picture to show the issue more clearly, LaurenCMassie! Please go to Settings>Application Manager>All>Samsung Keyboard and clear the cache. Then power the phone off and back on, and test this keyboard again. Please post the results, so we know if the issue is corrected!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
T_Nuzzi

I'm having the same problem with my S5 after the update and clearing the cache didn't work.

0 Likes
HAlthoff5806
Enthusiast - Level 2

I to am having and issue with my smileys, its a bit frustrating as i use them alot. I did go to to the settings and the application manager and cleared the cache in my samsung keyboard. i am still having the same problem. I have also noticed that they hearts are gone, all of them. There were a variety of hearts you could select from the smileys and they are no longer there at all. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Thank you!

0 Likes
HAlthoff5806
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Verizon tech support, this was something that came with the recent software update. Samsung didnt share with the Verizon tech when the next update would be released but it has been noted that is has caused an issue with the smileys. Do not know what good that will do but i was told if i am looking for a keyboard with a lot of smileys to download the google keyboard app or the GO Keyboard app until it is fixed.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
BachInTime

As a workaroiund for the Samsung keyboard emoticons not showing (especialy on the first tab), when you tap the "Enter message" screen, press and hold the "mic" key. This will bring up a menu. Select the smiley icon submenu. This will bring up the same emoticons. You should be able to get to the emoticons that were not accessiable from the "smiley icon" next to the "Enter message" text box. The only drawback is that the recenty used emoticons only show up in this submenu - and are not added to the tab you're familiar with under the smiley icon next to message box. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
LaurenCMassie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called them about this issue as well. And they actually helped me fix it! It's really sad how I fixed it though. Try going to "settings" then go to "applications" then "application manager" then swipe over to "All" then scroll down to "messages" since that's the app it's on.and then you need to push "clear data."

It fixed the problem for me and also for my boyfriend. The only bad thing about it is that it clears all the data. So it cleans the notification sound and settings you have for your messages and it also clears your priority sender. But it was worth it to get the smileys back! Smiley Happy

0 Likes