Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Why was it not stated from the beginning that Verizon would not offer Samsung Pay?

Tidbits
Legend

No they don't. It's not their product. Why should the hey advertise a product that is not theirs. They advertise their network which is their product.

Little know that logo on the phone that belongs to the carrier is remnants of a time when you had to do it when you couldn't have multiple frequencies on a phone. It was to let people know which specific carrier it would work on. At the year progressed it still does this but now devices can be unlocked to use on a multitude of carriers. It's an old habit that eventually will die out. We are already progressing into the 1 device for all carriers. Our main Android OEM don't want it honestly. They won't be able to charge for features like they do.

0 Likes
Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's nice that you try (pretend) to answer with "We'd hate to see you leave and did you try Android Pay", but the issue is that Verizon Wireless is withholding access to an app that is available to select cellular device owners. We understand that if Verizon doesn't profit then as far as they are concerned, Samsung Pay can suck it. A greater concern or lack of respect is that VZW hasn't had enough decency to provide a statement in all of this time regarding the reasons for still evaluating. I can't speak for other forum members, but yes, I have personally tried Android Pay on two separate occasions and they were both miss at first and then a hit on the second time after extensive tries. I was fortunate that I was in line alone the second time and the cashier at Walgreen's was very patient.

VZW needs to understand that people aren't threatening to leave so they'll actually do something, it's to let them know that people are disgusted with their handling of customer complaints. Businesses are as good as their ethics and handling of customer complaints. I can imagine the higher ups at VZW right now, playing golf or sipping on a Long Island Iced Tea, and telling each other, those fools really think they are going to get Samsung Pay.

There's no need for me to threaten VZW with my intent to leave or not, my account, no matter how expensive, wouldn't put a dent in their profit margins. That's why we are getting no reply because in the end there aren't enough Samsung owners requesting this app to make VZW care one way or the other.  As a CSR we understand that you all do not make the calls and are doing what you were told, but please do not waste my time or yours replying to my message. I read all the others on this forum and don't need a rehashing of what you would hate to see and if I tried this or that.

And by the way, those purchases that I made from Android Pay have still not shown up on my transactions list in the app.

Roxpublius
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERY disappointed with Verizon holding Samsung and it's customers hostage over this.  I'm sorry to hear that user charges are insufficient for Verizon to allow users full access to the capabilities of our devices.  Moving forward I shall have to consider that Verizon feels that they require additional revenue before allowing any new technology to be utilized by a customer.  This is quite likely to be a deciding factor for me in selecting a carrier moving forward.

AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I regret that I switched my phones to Verizon, thinking that Verizon will provide better network and data speed, and better customer support.  I found out that is not true! A technical ticket was opened with Verizon over 8 months ago regarding call forwarding code issue, in Verizon network only, with Samsung Gear S smartwatch (the best watch)!  This ticket was never resolved!  Wow, and now Verizon decided not to provide Samsung Pay service nor to make any clear announcement to its loyal customers!  I have researched the market and asked many friends about other carriers, and decided that AT&T will be my next choice to move on.  As I stated before, the trust in Verizon support has gone completely down.  I know one tiny customer, like me, will not affect Verizon's revenue or market share, but I don't think so that I am the only one who is disappointed with Verizon.  Probably, if all Samsung owned customers leave Verizon, they will not affect Verizon market share or revenue; but remember, the market dynamics are changing quickly!  Thank you Verizon for ignoring your customers.  Have a good day.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AAM63,

Good evening. Thank you for visiting us on the forums. I'm so sorry to hear about how much trouble's been going on with your devices. We understand how important having a good and reliable service is. We also understand that when you spend the money to get those nice extras, such as the Gear, it should work as intended. We'd like to take a look at the issues you've mentioned to get them resolved for you. I'll be sending you a message in the forum system so that we can get in touch with you in a secure fashion.

Thank you,

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
manley1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

[removed] verizon.  Im done with your [removed] service.  I bought my phone for Samsung pay.  Not so you could force me to use your [removed]  apps.  Last straw.

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Wow. Thank you for sharing that info about the Samsung watch. My brother has one and I was considering purchasing one to use with my S6. I am not surprised though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be heartbroken to lose you, manley1234. We understand how being able to use a specific application is important to you, and it's disappointing when it's not available on our devices. Aside from this, what else with your VZW service are you unhappy with?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BenSalem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed. I bought my phone for Samsung pay. I wish I could leave but I'm trapped.