Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Any reasonable person would assume that a product they purchase will arrive as advertised, unless stated otherwise. Verizon did not run separate advertising campaigns for this device, or state that there would be a running list of things that would not function. By virtue of the device's name alone, one would expect the phone to come as adverised by Samsung. There was absolutely no transparency in Verizon's sale or marketing of their Galaxy s6, especially for those that preordered. I'll wait a little longer to see what they plan to do. I am NOT on contract.

Tidbits
Legend

That would be Samsung and not Verizon. Their advertising campaign is their own not the carriers. Samsung does have disclaimers saying see (this place) for details. It's already been shown all advertising is owned and copyrighted by Samsung. There's also a disclaimer on every carrier saying to check Samsung for more details. People SHOULD have known.

0 Likes
Mikef0608
Enthusiast - Level 2

The sales person at Verizon did list this as one of the features I would receive. The sales person represent verizon so yes I bought my phone on the list of features listed by verizon and samsung!!!  I think at the least verizon owes me a free wallet case or wireless charger

Tidbits
Legend

The rep doesn't matter sadly.  If you took it to court for example this is what will happen.  Verizon will show it was never authorized and the materials they trained the rep with didn't have that material.

Now the court will see it was never implied by the company and would have the rep held liable and not Verizon.  Also the service agreement even tells you to make sure you get everything in writing and don't always believe in reps.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Going to give an example as to why the law is setup this way.

Say I worked for you.  I didn't authorize me to tell people if they bought your product you'll get $1000 in the mail.  Now should you be held liable if you ever gave that authorization?  Just some food for thought.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smitaio, we don't want to lose you as a customer. We do value your loyalty. We would never want to see you leave. Since we are not offering Samsung Pay, Google Pay is the option that we have. It does have similar features. If we had a different option, we would certainly offer it to you.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LNX81
Enthusiast - Level 2

its not the same at all... we, the customers if your company already know this... samsung pay is clearly superior to Google's version... please stop trying to insult folk's intelligence

Snn5
Legend

"Superior" implies that one is better than the other, however, if one does not work or is not accepted, yet the other is, then superiority is defined by compatible function.

Mikef0608
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits I was not talking to you and do not care about anything you have to say. Verizon your message about android pay I do use it some as it is one of the features of my phone. Samsung pay is also one of the features of my phone as well. I am not under contract. It is a great thing that if some company that you are doing business with that you don't like you just go else where. I have a date that if this is not resolved I will be leaving. There is no need for you to try to contact me further about this. There is nothing you can say or try to convince me that some other app or service is good enough. The fact is that when I buy something with features on it you will not be the one who decides if I can use it or not.

TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

People should have known what? That Verizon is selling a different Samsung Galaxy S6 than the one advertised by Samsung? Verizon needs to run their own advertising campaign. OR be more transparent and stop playing these games with their customers. Why has Verizon not said from the very beginning what featured would be left out of the Samsung Galaxy s6 that they are selling-- and for the full price at that?