Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

I have tweeted once to Verizon and got a response about using google pay

I tweeted this morning and haven't heard back.

I have mentioned my piece on another thread but I'm also gonna say it again.

Please Verizon, please don't abandon your thousand customer count just because you're unwilling to support Samsung Pay.  I seriously don't understand the issue.  Lets do some examples shall we?

Okay I have a sensitive document on my Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge phone......omgosh someone stole my phone, am I  gonna blame and sue Verizon because someone got that sensitive document? (probably not)

Okay I have Google Wallet where I have $100 dollars in my Google Account as well as my Credit Card data....omgosh my phone got stolen, am I gonna sue Google and Verizon because someone got a hold of my money and my credit card information? Again probably not.

Samsung Pay is coming to the US on September 28, it allows us to store our Credit Card Data and even with the swipe up button and or our thumbprint which yes can be hacked...someone uses our phone to make purchases and its on the Verizon network..........will customers sue and blame Verizon because SamsungPay is on there? Oh come on, seriously? Why would anyone go that low for our mistake anyways?

This should be a no brainer! Samsung is a big company, LoopPay is a big company...people needs to research them BTW, and Verizon is a big company.......combine the three and what do you get?

Kudos to Verizon for supporting it

Kudos to Samsung for allowing us to store our Wallet

Kudos to LoopPay for also making this happen

Its a win win situation here.............but by all means take your time in this 'evaluation process' and in the meantime you will have thousands of customers leaving Verizon to be with Sprint or whomever because THEY support Samsung Pay.

DO NOT tell me about GoogleWallet..........enter the zip code 97801 and you will see only 2 places exist to use it.  But I know for a fact that LoopPay works in more places than GoogleWallet does. If LoopPay works, so will Samsung Pay and I too will be another customer who gets a phone with Sprint because they offer Samsung Pay and not Verizon

TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly it'd be like if I lost my wallet, & I sued the people that made my wallet because my credit cards were in there.

Smitaio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will do the same. Its the main reason my wife and I purchased the Galaxy S6.

Mitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW is behaving  ridiculously slow in their responses, they should atleast provide some level of latest updates as if when they are going to support this cool feature. I am amazed that how such a big company like VZW is ignoring this update/feature, seems like they dont care. And their response saying 'try Google wallet' is just a  useless response. Seems like they dont understand the h/d availability and difference betn MST vs NFC.

Mitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me as well, but probably to ATT.

mrgsc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. I bought my Edge Plus with the idea that I would be able to use Samsung Pay. Please allow your loyal customers to use the technology and software as the manufacturer intended, i.e. Samsung Pay. I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years and I would hate to switch carriers because Verizon keeps blocking software (except anything from Apple).

AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of Tuesday 9/29/2015, there was no feedback from Verizon about Samsung Pay support. It is time to move out from Verizon to either AT&T or Sprint.  I am sick of Verizon ignoring their loyal customers' requests, blocking legitimate and useful services, and not being able to solve technical tickets opened 8 months ago!  Do you think Verizon would care?

peekjd
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's me too over 20 years. I have 3 lines and 2 are out of contract. T

mobile will pay my early term fee on my 1 line.

AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 5 phones (3 Samsung, 2 iPhone) and Samsung Gear S smartwatch (I will upgrade to S2 to use Samsung Pay). I am eligible to move out from Verizon; even with penalties, I will leave. I don't think that Verizon cares about their loyal customers. I am looking into either AT&T or Sprint. I have made my mind even if Verizon came back to support Samsung Pay; they may block other useful services in future phones; such as Note 6. The trust in Verizon has gone down... 

Caspian31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't need anyone telling me which app to use. I've tried all of them (except Samsung Pay) having always preferred Google wallet as I prefer Android. Android Pay brings Android's NFC payments into competition with Apple Pay (which was a better solution than Google Wallet once released by Apple). I almost converted to Apple just for the simplicity it offered. 

I know that Samsung Pay will be the best, I even moved my accounts to Bank of America, but because of Verizon I can't use the app to make up my mind for myself. I will be using Samsung Pay to make my own decision, if Verizon doesn't allow me to make up my own mind on their network, I'll use Samsung Pay on my new network, and will have made two different decisions because they made one bad one.

Better matters. "Better" make Samsung Pay available before you lose customers to another carrier because losing customers "matters".