Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
Ccc84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung pay was one of the contributing factors when I bought the gs6. I want that feature. You black listed Google wallet when I really wanted it back in the day and had to root to do so until you finally came to your "senses" and made it available. Don't delay. Say yes to Samsung pay and put this to rest. Been a Verizon customer for over 10 years and have a family plan so you've been making hand over fist of cash from me. Give us what we deserve.

P.s. Just created my vw community screen name just for this.

mfloan

How about a real answer instead of a canned response.  Apparently you don't read either.  In the Sept 14, 12:17am post vbgbanessa gave you the reason for Samsung Pay very clearly:

"Samsung Pay can be accepted at about 90% of retailers because of Loop Pay's MST. Android Pay (aka Google Wallet) and Apple Pay can only be accepted at less than 10% of retailers."

Google Wallet is phasing out to Android Pay.  This morning I also read that not all cards are accepted by Android Pay equally.  Some will require PIN number entry to be used.

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah and unfortunately Samsung pay won't work if KNOX trips on you phone so until a good rooting solution comes around we're at Verizon's mercy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do any of your cards have a chip in them?  If so, you cannot use S Pay anyway since the terminal will demand the physical card to read the chip.

TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

You really haven't been to the site yet have you...

"Most if not all EMV terminals also include a standard mag stripe reader (MSR). Because of that, any standard mag stripe card that is loaded into a LoopPay device can be transmitted, read and processed through that standard reader. Consumers can also store their chip cards in LoopPay devices today and use them at any terminal with an MSR where EMV is not active. EMV card track data contains service code 201 which prevents those cards from being read by the standard mag stripe reader when an EMV reader is present and active. So chip cards cannot be transmitted to the MSR on an EMV terminal. At some point, issuers may issue to LoopPay users dynamic cards with service code 101 to make these cards work at any terminal (EMV or mag stripe only terminals)."

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Quoth the rcschnoor :

soapinmouth wrote:

This is only true if your card requires it. If you have a card without a chip, what are they going to do, not sell it to you?

No, not if your card requires it but if your card has the chip AND the terminal reads the chip it will require the physical card UNLESS it also accepts contactless payment.

If your card has the chip AND the terminal reads chips it WILL NOT accept a magnetic swipe, though, from that chipped card. A card without a chip does not fall into this category because, well, it does not have a chip.

Problem is, I don't get to choose whether or not my card has a chip. My card issuer gets to decide that, and it is unlikely I will EVER receive another card WITHOUT a chip as my current cards reach their expiration date(s). In fact, I have already received some cards BEFORE the expiration date on my current cards simply to give me a card with a chip in it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The pertinent word(s) being "may issue". Whether or not they do so has not yet been determined and "may" have something to do with fraudulent activity with non-chipped cards.

In another matter, at some point Verizon "may" accept Samsung Pay.

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

but none of that is reason on why i shouldn't be allowed to use samsung pay

0 Likes
pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and have been using LoopPay (bought by Samsung and renamed Samsung Pay). I was excited to hear and have been waiting for Samsung Pay to work from my phone. As it sounds, it may be a while.

I was also excited about the new Samsung Gear S2 wearable as it too was supposed to incorporate Samsung Pay. Well, if Verizon is not going to allow it on the phone, I doubt I'll be seeing it on the wearable. So, I guess I won't be buying the wearable. I'm saving money already!

0 Likes
ripper16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very disappointed to see that Verizon does not support Samsung Pay.  I received an over-the-air update this morning from Samsung, and the Samsung Pay install app is absent.

I have Android Pay installed, but prefer Samsung Pay because of the use of existing magnetic strip devices.

I hope this problem will be resolved in a short time, in favor of the Verizon customers.  Otherwise, my two Verizon phones will be ported to Sprint.