Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love mobile payments, whether they be NFC or MST. I do prefer the MST option that LoopPay (Samsung Pay) has given me. I've tried NFC payments and find I am limited on where I can use it and also, the requirement of a cellular signal for it to work. Where I live, the signal is not strong enough in parts of the city and especially inside a retail store, so even if they do accept NFC payments, without the signal it does not work.

I've been using LoopPay for months and have to say it is wonderful.; There are only a couple of places I can't use it (ATM machines, gas stations and anywhere you have to insert a card). This would be the same for NFC unless the retailer has special equipment. I admit it is cool to walk up to an NFC Coke machine and just tap my phone and get a drink. I digress. When I use my LoopPay card, most people look at me and wonder what just happened. It is great. The places I use it at regularly love it.

So, when I heard that Samsung Pay would be on the Samsung S6 Edge later this year I purchased that phone. Now to find out that Verizon may not allow it, while the other carriers will, is quite a letdown. I doubt I change carriers because of this since I can still use my LoopPay fob, however it will sway my decision in the future when shopping around for a new carrier.

I was also very excited to hear the new Galaxy Gear S2 wearable would allow Samsung Pay. Is this true? If so I will purchase that, but if Verizon won't allow Samsung Pay, then I will not.

In short, all mobile payments are wonderful and freeing. NFC at this time does not work well for me, but I'm sure it is perfectly fine for others. MST is my choice since I use it now, it just works well and it doesn't depend on a phone signal. The forecast for mobile payments in the next 1-2 years is huge and hopefully standards are created and carriers will allow their customers to use what they want.

wsanchez89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes please. Allow us to choose. Samsung Pay will work with magnetic readers out of the gate, which will make it extremely accessible to pay at most all retialers. Verizon, please provide us with this support for our Samsung S6 devices.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

peekjd, we would be saddened to see you leave. Let's change that around. Are you getting any errors when searching for Android Pay? Is the Google Play Store application updated?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
peekjd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android pay states my phone Note 3 is not supported.

On Sep 22, 2015 8:00 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Only Galaxy S6 and Note 5 Support Samsung Pay

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, but he was talking about Android Pay.

0 Likes
jiheecho
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would be better if you switch out to other carrier.. I forgot when my Note 2 was the only note 2 that did not have the function to edit the list of apps for the multi windows for a long time. I swear, as soon as my contract with VZW ends, I will switch out to other carrier. One of the BIG REASONS to get GS6 edge for me was samsung pay, because it supports MST and NFC...if i were to just go for Google wallet, which is NFC only, i would have got the phone that is cheaper or free not the phone that costs $350.

Snn5
Legend

What GS6 costs $350?  That's a great deal. Suspect of illegitimacy but great deal.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

He signed a contract without realizing he is going to pay full retail price with interest.

Snn5
Legend

That was the direction I was thinking.

0 Likes