Samsung Note 3 - Network Unavailable Issue with Latest Software Update
ghoststory
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updated to SM-N900V_MJE_to_NC4

Android Version 4.4.2

Never had network issues before upgrade.

Has anyone else experienced this? Dropping calls, network unavailable to receive or send texts?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 3 - Network Unavailable Issue with Latest Software Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ghoststory,

I am sorry you're having issues with your device! Are you using any 3rd party apps? Have you tried doing a soft reset by powering off the device for a minute and powering it up? If so, let try something to see if it helps. Here's a link to test the device in safe mode http://vz.to/Uu6g51. Let us know if this helps.

Thank you!

EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dephif
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having a terrible problem with this I have call numerous times and spoke with tech support they have tried everything from troubleshooting and I have also done a factory reset. At first I thought it was the tower near me now they're convinced it is something to do with the update. I dropped 12 calls while sitting in one spot. apparently they did not know how to fix this.

signal goes back and forth between 3G and 4G and I cannot get in on the Internet without great patience. please for Verizon or Samsung somebody do something

WilsonB

Yes, having same issues wit my note 3 after update. Any answers out there?

0 Likes
blaide
Enthusiast - Level 2

No concrete answers from Verizon reps or yechs. They all either don't have a clue or know there's an issue with the latest st android update but won't admit it. I've had horrible service since I got the phone until January when I got the previous update. Now that the newest update has arrived I drop call constantly, can't get a signal in areas where I used to and I'm getting call and voice mail notifications days after people tried to contact me but the phone never rang. Verizon tech told me to go to store and change Sim card. I did, no difference. Do a factory reset, I did, no difference. I've been with Verizon since 1997 and never had any issues and was extremely pleased with Verizon but now I'm thinking of switching my family account to art or sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blaide,

So sorry to hear that our technicians were so far unable to get you a great signal again! We have a great tech support team. I see you did a lot already to try to resolve the trouble. I've double-checked and at the time of this writing the manufacturer is not reporting a known issue with the software. As you have already completed a factory reset, let's just check some quick settings. From your home screen, press the menu button in the lower left under the screen and touch "Settings". In the settings menu select "More Settings" and then touch "Mobile networks." Make sure there is a checkmark for mobile data. Under that is "Global Data Roaming Access," touch that and select "Allow access for all trips" for the purpose of troubleshooting. Next, select "Network Mode and ensure it is set to LTE/CDMA. (This can change sometimes after a factory reset).

As the trouble corresponds to the time of your last update I would also wipe the cache partition. Here are instructions: Power the device off. Press and hold the Home button (located at the bottom) & Volume Up button (located on the left edge). With the Home and Volume buttons pressed, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until Samsung logo appears then release all keys.  In the recovery menu select wipe cache partition. (Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.) Once completed, Select reboot system now. Once the device powers back on dial #832 to connect to the network. Let us know how the signal is after you do that.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ghoststory
Enthusiast - Level 3

^Ed - Yes, I've been that route. Even had a replacement Note 3 sent with no apps. Still same issue.

I just tried ^BrianP's suggestion and couldn't place a call because "Mobile Network Unavailable" message

I might have to request a replacement iPhone if this keeps up.

0 Likes
macc2344

I have the same issue. I am unable to make or recieve any phone calls. Did a factory reset, as well as wiped the cache and tried dialing #832...mobile network unavailable. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Or are we expected to pay for a service we are unable to utilize?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

macc2344,

I apologize for the inconvenience the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has caused you.  I appreciate all of the troubleshooting that you've done.  After completing the factory reset, did you test before reinstalling your applications? We want to ensure nothing on the device is interferring with service.  Let us know.  We may need to look into warranty options with you.

Look forward to hearing back.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ShadyBrady

Same Song and Dance here and sick and tired of it!....Drop Calls multiple times a day, Miss calls due to mobile network going between 1x, 3G, 4G and then no service. Settings, About Phone and Status- I sit and watch Service State, Mobile Network Type and Mobile Network state change while I have 2 other Verizon devices beside it with no change. Have replaced phone, SIM card, Factory Reset with no Apps and Cache Wipe with the same issue. So tired of the Lip service from Verizon. If you sell a phone that is compatible with you network and I pay over $6,000.00 a year for service, it is time to either resolve all the Note3 issues or we will switch providers. Ownership of issues and resolving them is customer service, this crap of Oh, we are not aware of any issues and this is the first time we have seen that problem. You lose customers for lack of service and thank goodness we have other places to spend our money that offer reliable service!

0 Likes