Samsung Note 3, Lollipop nightmare, I need old O.S. back!
lisacousineau
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am so frustrated with this LOLLIPOP update- I called Verizon to go back to my old system, where my alarm clock worked, my bluetooth synced seamlessly with my car, and my S pen was used regularly for notes and screenshots.  Now- nothing works.  After a factory reset (Verizon told me that was the issue), the phone still runs so hot it could burn your finger if not in a case, and no other issues resolved.

I am at point of buying old model on Ebay so I can get rid of Lollipop, but does anyone know if the update happens automatically? Is there anyway to not have the Lollipop update, if you were smart and didn't upgrade it yet.

I have a Samsung Note3 - it seems it can not take the upgrade, so I question why Verizon sent me software that basically ruined my phone and my features?  And says there is nothing I can do about it.  She did say I could root my phone to have old software installed, but it would void everything with Verizon, and probably wouldnt work anyway.  At this point - since my most used features are useless, I probably should go that route so I can use my phone.  If you have not upgraded to LOLLIPOP  - DO NOT DO IT!! Especially if you have a Note 3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Note 3, Lollipop nightmare, I need old O.S. back!
lisacousineau
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks - I actually just spent a lengthy amount of time on phone with Verizon again - and they actually were extremely helpful and I do think a lot of it is Samsung, and Verizon is at their mercy too. And in my case, Toyota Entune is involved too.

To clarify the rooting comment by Verizon - when I was crazed and pleading that I have heard of others reverting to an older OS after upgrade - she explained how it could have been done - but strongly, very strongly, did not recommend it, and did tell me it would void everything, and basically, "dont do it".

Many thanks to verizon for helping me through things this morning, yet again. I feel a little better. And the alarm problem was easily solved by downloading an alarm app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I find it interesting that a Verizon rep would tell you to root your phone.

0 Likes
burton5

I am having major issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4 since the update, too. Verizon tells me it is Samsung's fault, not theirs. What a mess!

0 Likes
lisacousineau
Enthusiast - Level 3

She didn't really tell me to do that - when I was so insistent on reverting back to old OS - she said it was the only way you could put kitkat back

0 Likes
waldolc
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was the same problem I had when Verizon pushed the OTA KitKat update to my and my wife's old phones. I say old because we suffered through a year of decreased functionality before getting new devices recently. I worked with Verizon and my device manufacturer for a year to no avail and our devices went out of warranty. The only thing we could do was get new devices. Stay on both Verizon and Samsung and do whatever you have to get this resolved.

0 Likes
lisacousineau
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks - I actually just spent a lengthy amount of time on phone with Verizon again - and they actually were extremely helpful and I do think a lot of it is Samsung, and Verizon is at their mercy too. And in my case, Toyota Entune is involved too.

To clarify the rooting comment by Verizon - when I was crazed and pleading that I have heard of others reverting to an older OS after upgrade - she explained how it could have been done - but strongly, very strongly, did not recommend it, and did tell me it would void everything, and basically, "dont do it".

Many thanks to verizon for helping me through things this morning, yet again. I feel a little better. And the alarm problem was easily solved by downloading an alarm app.

0 Likes