Re: Samsung Note 3 Lollipop Stuck at Searching For Service...
RSLogan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same issue.

I can be driving down the road and loose signal and not get it back.

Have to restart My phone every morning after I get to work.

Joshville
Enthusiast - Level 2

I stopped by a Verizon store on Saturday to get replacement SIM per suggestion.  However, they made a suggestion that seems to be working so far:

Go to Settings→More networks→Mobile networks→Network mode.  There are three options: Global, LTE/CDMA, and GSM/UMTS.  Mine had been set to Global (not sure why, possibly happened/pushed due to a recent trip to Japan?).  Changing to LTE/CDMA seems to have fixed the problem.  Thursday and Friday of last week I had to reboot several times.  Monday and Tuesday this week I have not had an issue reconnecting.

mfoitzik
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, but it doesn't even need to lose the signal that long. Since installing Lollipop when I lose the signal I need to reboot to get it back. Unfortunately, during reboot (every time) it has a message stating that Android is Updating Optimizing App 1 of 1, gets real hot because it does this for about 5 minutes and drains quite a bit from the battery...

siyang99
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I did what Joshville said and changed my Network Mode to LTE/CDMA from Global and that seemed to have solved my issu.  Today, as soon as I stepped out of my building, I was back online in a few seconds.  I didn't get a new SIM, so it seems the Network Mode is the culprit, which is funny because one of the Verzion representatives asked me what my Network Mode was set as and based on his reply, it sounded like Global was the default setting.

I still believe this is a software bug.  I've never touched the Network Mode option before and now it's causing me problems.  If this mode was toggled during the installation of Lollipop, then I think that's a problem with the installation process.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mfoitzik, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Do you have the 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone? Some applications can affect the performance of your device. Try uninstalling a few applications and power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
I_am_ironman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem as all these people.  When ever I am somewhere with poor signal and return to an area with signal my phone does not reconnect.  I have to restart my device then I am back on the network.  This started happening the same day as my lollipop upgrade.  I am going to try to switch to CDMA only.  If that doesn't work then it off to the store.

0 Likes
Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you joshville!

I was experiencing the exact problem since upgrading to 5.0.

I was also set to Global since the upgrade. Since setting it back to LTE/CDMA, I have not had the problem.

Thank you!

Thank you. ..

Also,

Thank you!

0 Likes
justsaynotolollipop

I have been working with tech support for over three weeks! 1,did a soft reset=NFG 2,did a back up of my files and then a factory reset=NFG, 3 store changed sim card=NFG, tech support was logged into my phone and my computer.

ever since upgrade when in a "no service" area then going back into a area with service only a reboot will bring back network. Airplane, safe mode global, LTE=NFG. only will connect to WiFi. network stays as long as you don't go into "No Service" for any length of time!! Now have a "replacement" certified phone with old software. works as it should. keeps asking me to upgrade. If I do will send "replacement" phone back and keep my original or edge up. Not Happy!!

0 Likes
justsaynotolollipop

Hey verzion, What are you going to do? Many people are having this problem but we keep paying our bill like good little sheep! As you can tell unhappy with the way this issue is being handled. We need to have service to use our $689.00 phones. That's why we went to your company for the cellular coverage. .

0 Likes