Samsung J7V using very high data
DANBJR

Upgraded to a J7V and immediately notice very high data usage in the middle of the night. As high as 10 GB one night. How can I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung J7V using very high data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANBJR, 

We understand that data usage can be tricky and confusing. Let's get to the bottom of the data usage. On your device, you do have an option to view which applications are using the data. Please go to Settings>Data Usage>Mobile Data Usage. What apps are listed there? Also, under Settings>Data Usage, you have the option for Data Saver. Is that feature on?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Turn off auto-updates. And have updates over wi-fi only enabled. wouldn't hurt to have background data shut off on most apps. Also if you just switched devices it's probably moving everything over to the new device.

0 Likes
DANBJR

All settings have been set as suggested. Cannotnuse Data Saver when using hotspot. Will need more monitor overnight. Thanks,for all the suggestion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your efforts, DANBJR. Please let us know how this goes and if you have any further concerns. 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes