Samsung Gem Question
tamrd4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have posted on here before about problems with my Gem. I bought it from a third party Verizon store before I knew that it wasn't even a Verizon phone. After numerous calls to CS and failed attempts to fix over the phone I went to an actuall Verizon store today and had them take a look at it and they said that they would just send me another phone. So I asked if it would be the same one and he said it had to be the same phone. If it's not a Verizon phone then how can they send me the same phone as a replacement?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gem Question
Not applicable

tamrd4,

Good afternoon!  This is a very unusual situation and I'm glad to help. Was this phone activated on your account for any period of time? We would only be able to exchange if already in our system. What store did you visit when purchasing the phone? Did they activate the phone in-store for you? Please advise more information so I can assist further.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gem Question
tamrd4
Enthusiast - Level 2

The store where I upgraded said Verizon on it but its not on your store locations list and yes they did activate it in store. It's in Murfreeboro, Tn. It had software problems so the same store exchanged it. The second phone was also activated there almost 2 weeks later. All of this was in September 2011. Like I said before the second phone was more trouble than the first. CS advised me to do soft restarts, hard restarts, and to take certain apps off that could be the cause of the problems. That didn't work so I went to the Verizon store that was on the locations list in Murfreesboro Tn and they said it was definetly software issues and they would mail me a CLNR phone which arrived yesterday. I actvated it at home and it worked fine until this morning. It would not send a text so I tried calling the number and that froze the phone up. It wouldn't do anything so I removed the battery.

Went back to the actuall Verizon store and the CS rep said to take the Launcher Pro App off so I told him that a CS rep told me to download that in the first place. He said apps that run in the background like weather apps can cause the phone to lag. I then replied "so I pay $30 a month for nothing" and he said well you still have internet. I have internet at home already. So I get home and call tech support and spoke to very nice lady that told me to erase all of my apps for a few days and see what happens. She has scheduled a callback to check on it Monday. At this point what other option do I have? I can't believe that I pay $30 per month for data and can't use it the way I want. I wish I had my old phone back and have never upgraded. And no, I am not looking for a higher end replacement phone. I still have 2 more lines due for upgrades in a couple of months which I will not be doing. Its just frustrating...