Samsung Galaxy s5 updated to lollipop & indicator lights stopped
gdg78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my Galaxy s5 to lollipop last evening and ever since, my LED indicator lights have stopped working. So I can have 15 text messages plus 3 emails & 2 missed calls, but I recrive no notifications if my screen is off. How can I fix this? I've checked the settings under display>LED indicator and they are all checked & on.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy s5 updated to lollipop & indicator lights stopped
akley23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same problem. There is a fix. Go into settings,  then "Sound and Notifications", then "interruptions".

Check off the boxes for phone calls and messages.  Put the phone on vibrate setting, instead of mute, and then turn vibration intensity all the way down. It apparently won't work in mute.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you considered a factory reset after this major update?  Most will say that this is not always needed because updates are supposed to install seamlessly on top of the old, but sometimes things go awry.

gdg78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hoping to find a much less extreme solution.

amr525

I have this issue to with our phones after the update. I have chatted with Verizon support which tried a few things to do to see if it would fix. It did not. They referred me to Samsung which they tried a few things and then referred me back to Verizon or to send phone in for repair. Which the phone is perfectly fine. I hope there is a fix!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amr525,

Sorry to see that you are also having trouble with notifications! Could you share with us what steps they took to resolve the problem? Does the problem persist in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/1xp1XUi . Are we missing notification for texts, email and voicemail? When charging?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jilldiny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not working on my S5 after update either.

gdg78
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the originator of this thread, I'll reply to Customer Support (even though it wasn't directed to me.)

I've checked that the indicators were activated, by going to Settings>Display>LED indicator and made sure all were checked. But still, no LED notifications for texts, emails, voicemail, missed calls.

I also went to Settings>Sound and notification> application notifications, and made sure applications like emails and messaging, facebook, etc are set as "high priority."

I also made sure under notifications that "While Locked" says "show all content."

Based upon another message board, I also did a "wipe cache partition."

But still nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gdg78,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening since the most recent update. I can understand how excited you were about the update, and how frustrating this can be. Not to worry, we'll do everything we can to help. Does the red LED light display when you charge the phone? If so, follow these steps:

Go into Settings > Applications > Application Manager. Go to ALL apps, select Messages and uncheck the notifications box and then click ok. Then check the box again. The Blue LED will blink now when new SMS messages are received.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AHOFLASH,

I know these notifcations are very helpful.  Have you taken any tips from this thread? I.e. checking LED indicator in settings, factory reset, etc. 

You may also want to consider testing in safe mode before the factory reset; http://vz.to/1B5LU1C .

Let us know if issue is still persisting. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amr525

None of this has worked for me. I have tried wiping cache. I was in safe mode. I tried unchecking box in application manager. Still nothing is working.

0 Likes