Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Bluetooth will not connect. Wifi cuts off constantly
BJHEADRICK1946

That was what I was preparing for. I already synced my contacts with my

tablet. So... Factory reset, here I come! I sincerely appreciate your help

and support. It is really nice to have someone else to back up my theories.

I still want my kit Kat back.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I know what you mean. I didn't experience wifi issues, but major battery drain, random app closures, my keyboard showing up at random times. I dealt with it for a long time because I hate doing factory resets; having to back up contacts, pictures, text messages - I also always feel the need to go through everything and delete things I no longer want or need then verify they backed up and then restoring and re-downloading all the apps. It can be time consuming, but I'd say most of the time it pays off.

Settings>back up and reset is where you turn off data and app back up / restore.

0 Likes
BJHEADRICK1946

It's so nice to hear you say all those things. I do exactly the same

things. And although I know the FR is likely my only viable option. I still

want to contact all my procrastinator friends and have them unite tomorrow!

I just don't want to do it. I'm like you. I'll go through and delete all my

unused contacts, apps, and even adjust my email to relieve myself of all

the junk mail I have yet ti unsubscribe from. It's a ridiculous

proposition. Doing it once if it were my fault would still be against my

will. But to do it because they have failed terribly at engineering this

new OS! UGH!

Do you know of any OS that is easily installed and operated? I must admit I

have a guy willing to root my phone and put kit Kat back on it! That is so

tempting!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

As long as you don't pay for insurance and trust the guy to root, then I'd say go for it. If you pay for insurance it will void the extended manufactures warranty.

All OS installed on top of existing OS experience troubles. Which is why it's best to factory reset before you update the OS.

I haven't been on the forums long, but it seems with each new OS release there are phones that experience problems. Generally it is the older phones because they are the ones that update while the new phones just come with the new OS already installed.. Apple just released...iOS 9 (?), and people are now having troubles with it as well.

Unfortunately no technology is without flaws. When new OS are released then app creators have to often fix their app because it will cause sudden app closures etc. so there is always a period where some apps don't work with thew new OS, but then there will be a point where some apps won't work with the old OS.

Eventually everything seems to work it's self out, when lollipop was first released the forums were daily people saying how it ruined their phone and they are few and far between now. I'd say most did a factory reset and since they didn't come back even more irate, I'm going to say most of the time it's helped.

0 Likes