Samsung Galaxy SIII Self Destructing
bkokoruda

Issues. 1. The phone keeps telling me it's overheating and shuts down my Apps. 2. The battery is drained after 2 hours. 3. Won't maintain an Internet connection. 4. Fails when trying to send text messages.

Attempted Resolutions. 1. All unnessary (but wanted) Apps have been removed. 2. Phone was backed up and reset. 3. Placed a claim with Ausurion that was denied. They said it was a software issue covered under warranty and that I needed to contact Verizon.

Where do I go from here? Response from Verizon Rep Preferred

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII Self Destructing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bkokoruda,

Happy to help! Replacing the battery would be where I would go with it. A lot less expensive then getting a new phone. The battery is the potential cause of both the over-heating and the quick drain of your juice. Since you are also having trouble with internet and messaging I would replace the SIM card. We can replace the SIM at any of our direct store locations.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bkokoruda,

So sorry to see that the device seems to be self-destructing as you put it. Let's see if we can get to the heart of the matter and point you in the right direction. Sounds like it may be something covered under warranty as long as there is no damage to the equipment and it either falls under the warranty period or you have an extended warranty. Is the device just unusually warm or are you seeing any signs of melting or smoking that would cause the determination of an issue with the hardware? Have you replaced the battery? Does the battery have any signs of swelling, cracking or corrosion?

Sounds like you have done most of the troubleshooting of the software. Try wiping the cache partition: http://vz.to/1z6muAY . Does the problems persist while in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/1s4LcyH

BrianP_VZW

0 Likes
bkokoruda

I've tried everything but changing the battery. From what I've heard this is a common issue with this phone. I got it November 2, 2012 so I doubt its still under warranty. There is no damage at all to the phone. I am going to backup and reset it. Sounds like I am out of luck until my contract expires. Looking into other carriers. Verizon has been a huge let down today. Very disappointed. Thanks anyway for trying to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bkokoruda,

Happy to help! Replacing the battery would be where I would go with it. A lot less expensive then getting a new phone. The battery is the potential cause of both the over-heating and the quick drain of your juice. Since you are also having trouble with internet and messaging I would replace the SIM card. We can replace the SIM at any of our direct store locations.

BrianP_VZW

0 Likes