Samsung Galaxy S6 Help
DagnabbitDaniel

So I recently edged up from an iPhone 5S to the Samsung Galaxy S6.  My experience with both of these phones has been terrible.  The battery life on the iPhone is longer than the Galaxy S6.  I switched thinking this wouldn't be the case.  I've seen that other users have had many similar problems with this phone that I have.  I've tried troubleshooting and haven't had any success.  I've disabled apps, removed apps, and even installing the Nova Prime launcher.  My 14 days are up since I have edged up, and it hasn't been a month.  I've talked to a Verizon representative and my only option seems to be paying off the balance on the phone.  This phone isn't worth paying off.  I'd rather switch to the S5.  But I have no idea if there's a way around this or not.  I don't want to stick with this phone.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Help
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

After you fully charge your phone to 100% and it drains down to say 20%, go to settings>battery and list the top 5 items using your battery and their %.

0 Likes
DagnabbitDaniel

That was the first thing I did and monitored.  10% is from the Android System and there's only about 5 other apps using less than 10%.  It says I've got 7-12 hours of battery left when it sits in my pocket at work with no apps running and drains to 50-60% in at least 2-3 hours.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How do you close your apps? On the S5 while on the home screen you press the left button and then "close all." What system software are you running? 5.1?

0 Likes
DagnabbitDaniel

That's what I do every time before I press the sleep button.  Yes, I am running most recent updated software version on the s6

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you install it or was it already installed on the phone?

0 Likes
DagnabbitDaniel

It updated when I first turned on my phone.  My battery is at 76%.  It was at 100% two hours ago and all I've used it for was to check this.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would disable app data back up and restore under settings>back up and restore and perform a factory reset. Have you activated, enabled or downloaded any apps?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would first back up contacts/pictures/videos/messages; anything important you want to keep.

0 Likes
DagnabbitDaniel

I'll give that a try after work.  I've been saving that as a last resort.  I've installed some apps.  Just social networking apps.  No games.  If that doesn't work, what should I do?

0 Likes