Samsung Galaxy S5 update to Lollipop issue
treubigGS5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Five days ago I updated my Samsung GS5 to the latest android OS, Lollipop. Since then I have had "phantom touches" occurring on my phone. I can be looking at the screen, not touching it at all, and it might be opening a random app, swiping between pages, or even taking a screenshot (even with the setting to screenshot by motion off). I tried rebooting my phone, removing screen protector (in case wet or the like), factory reset, and a manual hard reset all to no avail. It is still doing it. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing? I saw posts about other issues people have had since updating their phones to Lollipop. Don't know what to do now..

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 update to Lollipop issue
Snn5
Legend

At this point, waiting for a patch is all you can do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

At this point, waiting for a patch is all you can do.

0 Likes
LalaBuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find that sometimes my finger is near the screen when this happens. No, I  don't have my phone set to do this. I also find that the back button tends to go back twice.

0 Likes
groov87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having several issues with my s5 and this lollipop update. My phone will no longer work with my 2014 Kia Soul Exclaim, it lags when I swipe, it lags when I use web browse and when I click links, the battery heats up and the battery needs charged in the afternoon instead of late at night. I have done all the troubleshooting you normally do (I am pretty tech savvy). I need my phone to work effortlessly. I am disappointed that Verizon and Android are not taking a proactive approach to helping their customers with this major issue. Instead leaving it to third party blogs, techs, and community boards. 

Heneverknew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issues here. We pay way to much money to be having these issues not fixed immediately!

0 Likes
BlueRebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree Verizon should credit our accounts until this is solved.  Any time some one in my contact list calls it will not answer and I have to fight with the phone to call them back.  We should all contact Verizon about giving us a credit until it is resolved.

0 Likes