Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Won't Connect to WiFi
technurse

Having the exact same issue with the new Samsung Note4  Tried 3 different wireless AP / networks with same results.  About to return the phone.

0 Likes
bamaaccent

I'm having the same error with my Galaxy S5, when I try to connect to my Wifi at home, everything I do and I still get the "saved, secured" message...it never connects.  I've tried everything and nothing works...beyond frustrated!

0 Likes
azanel

Hello,

Please follow the instructions given at How to Solve Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems of Android Smartphones and Tablets | 1kDIY and you will be able to restore the connectivity of the S5 to your wireless network.

Happy Holidays

0 Likes
daveofms

I believe I have an answer.  But first a short rant.  I experienced exactly the same problem.  We had a wireless modem that was successfully servicing a Windows PC running Windows 8.1, an IPad purchased in September, and an older IPhone.  I entered the house with two identical Samsung Galaxy S5 phones, neither of which would connect--both of which reported "AP currently not in use. Internet connection slow."  Meanwhile, the other 3 devices were having no issue.  I searched on the error message, expecting an explanation of what AP is, what the error message means, why the new Samsung phone might not be working, and then the solution.  But every one of these forums jumps right to, "reboot your phone" or "reboot your modem".  Doesn't anyone know how to troubleshoot?  You need to start with an understanding of the problem!!  A quick look at Wikipedia, and I understood that AP is either "access point" or "application protocol".  But that didn't help much.  I have no idea what the Android or Samsung programmers had in mind with this message, but there is a programmer out there who does; you would expect the documentation for the software to contain a detailed description of what conditions will cause this message to come up.  You would certainly expect professional support people to have access to this information.  So I looked at the sort of things that helped various people, and I stumbled on the idea that perhaps it is the wireless protocol that isn't being properly supported on the Samsung phones (for whatever reason).  The DSL modem in question has been operating for 10 years--it was set up for WEP encryption.  WPA is more commonly used now.  By resetting the modem, folks are probably reconfiguring to WPA.  I suspect this is the fundamental issue--the phone is not properly supporting WEP. 

Bottom line--reconfigure your wireless network to use the WPA security protocol instead of the WEP security protocol.  You will need to re-connect all of the devices that use this network.  It worked for me.

0 Likes
lukebeckstrand

having the same problem connecting with wifi........wifi router is 7 years old....could the problem be with too many devices connected? time for a router upgrade?.. screen pops up ....Ap currently is use. internet connection slow......security is wpa/wpa2 psk.......suggestions?

0 Likes