Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

When I had my spiffy new S5, it updated and I waited almost a month for it to fix itself. It never did.

Verizon replaced my new with a refurbished.

Said refurbished..... updated..... and is now a pretty paper weight.

Tommorrow will have been a week since the phone auto updated itself.

The problems are all still there.

Despite, Wipes, Resets, Shutdowns for hours, and Restarts more than I care to count.

greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

Lollilop is nothing but a disaster of an update. it caused more problems than helping. Another reason to consider apple.

BethE006
Enthusiast - Level 2

The answers from Verizon Support are a BLEEPIN JOKE!!!!  hahahaha.  really, Vzw?  Really??? asking a user if there have been any water damage to their phone or other damage when 1,000s of ppl are posting about the problems subsequent to the Lollipop 5.0 update is just plain flat out... well, INSULTING TO OUR INTELLIGENCE. Seriously? I'm also DISGUSTED by the standard, "do a factory reset" response. And, oh, btw... you'll lose everything.  Did we mention that? NO. the customer svc rep forgot to mention that little detail in the comment.  Thank goodness for the Android forums on the web.  I too have had serious malfunctioning issues with my phone. My whole life for the past several months has been dealing with tech issues and calls to Vzw.  I have yet another issue to f/up on with cst svc but frankly, would rather be doing something else on a Saturday night than messing with my phone that no longer works right.

Yay for LoserPop 5.0

kmouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon... Really? You can spend time editing these comments, but you cannot find time fixing these software issues! ! !  My S5 used to be really enjoyable, now after lollipop, it's a disaster! ! !  You're turning into at&t, keep it up!

PS.. I heard that they don't care cause they want you to purchase the new S6 to resolve the issues...

Tidbits
Legend

Verizon doesn't touch code. The problems are caused by Samsung and Google. All the bugs are also found on the base AOSP from Google which they released 5.1 to fix a lot of these issues. Manufacturers under the pressure to give the notion that they support their devices couldn't wait for Google to release the fixes. Welcome to the catch 22 especially for carriers in the US. They'll be blamed for things they do and don't do.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

PS there's already reports the S6 suffers from these issues as well.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

That's entirely crappy for s6 to suffer from it.

But Samsung themselves have come out tweeting/stating they gave lollipop to Verizon who then has to update all their built in mandatory apps.

Tidbits
Legend

That's a lie. For the past 3 years manufacturers and even Google have said carriers don't touch code. Only are apart of the approval process. Even when Google had the Galaxy Nexus JBQ said he hated the approval process and if Verizon had the power to modify code he would definitely complain about that being the code is Open Source.

Here's how it's a lie... Do you think Samsung would let anyone touch touchwiz? They'd have to give Verizon Source code. What are the chances that code leaking if they are handing it to multiple companies? Seriously I would NEVER hand source code easily.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I want to add. I worked for Airkast that did NFL mobile app for the NFL. The one on phones were done by us and was given in advance. If a new version is needed we worked with the manufacturer and not Verizon.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

That's what was posted, if it's not true. ok.

I honestly don't care who is at fault. It should have been fixed by now.

The phone I bought and paid for updated early Feb, and I haven't had a fully functioning one with the exception of a kitkat replacement that updated on it's own.

I'm on my 3rd phone that is still Jacked All to HELL.

How long do you keep paying for something that doesn't work even close to as described?