Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
jtodd76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey there...You might check this out:

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I was just about to do that procedure until I figured out I had some cleaning software causing my problems. I also just noticed Verizon released a new update today. If it hasn't shown up in your notifications yet, you might do a check and it should pop up. Not sure what this update will do but hopefully it fixes a lot of problems.

I just realized you said you can't get the file from sammobile. I have the files you may need and can get them to you if needed.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Check this out for more information  :     Re: Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5

0 Likes
jtodd76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for that! I haven't started my update yet because I'm needing my phone for the next few minutes. I truly hope this solves the problem for everyone. I was so frustrated and would get so angry when my phone would start getting hot. I could feel it burning a hole in my pocket!! I was surprised removing All in One Toolbox and Clean Master solved my issues. Factory reset and cache clearing did nothing. I thought the reset solved the problem for about a day but then started acting up again. I hope this hotfix truly fixes the problem and it's not temporary.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It's a RE-release of the original 5.0 and is much better than the first release but still having some problems. I hope this will work for you.    

keep me posted. 

Re: Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5

sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

The latest update (OC4) has solved all of my problems. I'm happy again!

jtodd76
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree. I think it really helped and my phone is far more responsive. I noticed the title track information is no longer displayed in my car using bluetooth. It used to show what track was being played on the dash while playing Rhapsody but not since the Lollipop upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this. I haven't tried again since the most recent release. Maybe I'll get lucky but I won't hold my breath.

JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

After that first update to Lollipop, I tried the cache clear and a few days, but it did nothing to alleviate the battery drain issue. The only thing that finally fixed things was to back everything up, do the factory reset, clear the data cache and then start over.

My son has an S5 on Sprint and he had zero problems with the update to Lollipop.  So it does seem to be a hit or miss process as to whether or not your S5 will get through it cleanly.

The latest update to Lollipop went just fine.

0 Likes
km123
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been 4 days since my second update.  As I said before, my phone had slowly been improving up to the point of the 2nd update. Specifically in the battery area, well I got another Lollipop build and the batteyr went back to the way it was after the first lollipop update.  it's really bad.  I charged my phone this morning, took it off the charger at 7AM.  Right now my phone is at 17%.  It's been sitting here all day doing nothing.  I did check Facebook twice for about a minute and made a 1 minute phone call.  Battery life may actually be worse than it was after the first Lollipop update. I did clear the cache after the update.  Performance I'm going to say is marginally better, less lagging than before but there are still times when it's really bad.  Again, issues I never experienced with KitKat. 

So, at this point I'd say after two Lollipop updates my phone is still worse than it was on KitKat, especially when it comes to battery life. 

jtodd76
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel like I'm in the same boat. I thought the 2nd update was going to help and it appeared to at first but it's starting to slow down again. I guess the battery life is better than before, but I also agree, KitKat was much better. I'm truly considering downgrading to KitKat.

<< Link removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

joosujin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have applied Update 2 (OC4), but my S5 is still getting warmer and drains the battery.  Is Verizon going to fix this or do I need to downgrade to Kitkat?  I am not going to apply the software update from Verizon anymore...  Any advice?

0 Likes