Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
alexab15

I usually love the updates. This one is awful! I've been losing 20% battery and hour while my phone is idle. It's been overheating like crazy and WiFi connectivity is haywire. I tried clearing cached data, and that didn't help. My whole phone has been backed up, so I tried a factory reset. Still losing battery and struggling with WIFi but no more overheating as of yet. But now my contacts won't all come back -.- Not impressed with this one whatsoever. It's been a major headache. My friend on the other hand, has no trouble what so ever....

0 Likes
fs1969

Verizon this update was NOT thought out!!!   I had the hardest time finding where the "blocking mode", "do not disturb"...NOW "interruption" setting was!   Now that I found it, it is NOT an improvement...it gives you LESS of a choice that the old DND did!!!!   I want to NOT get calls, txts, notifications from anyone BUT - SPECIFIC - contacts (family members).  Your update "inhales air rapidly"!!!

0 Likes
LollipopBad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here was my ultimate solution (after dealing with the Lollipop disaster, the overheated, no-battery life, unable to retrieve corproate email, carrying a charger around everywhere, brick phone, doing a hard reset, etc):  VZW replaced my phone under warranty.  Now I get asked 1x a day do I want to upgrade.  You guys know the answer....

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I would think (and hope) your battery remaining estimate modelled by the phone will improve after you go through three charge / discharge cycles. In otherwords, it's possible your estimate is merely off, which is to be expected after a major. Even in a minor this will happen.

0 Likes
scottypinthemix

Got the 5.0 update 2 days ago.

One of the things that impressed me so much about this phone was the fact that the battery lasted for an eternity.

Now?  Not so much.  I've gone through the multitudes of "fixes" suggested all over the web, and like everyone else, nothing helped.

The phone is laggy compared to how it was pre-update, and I also see that the contacts app. likes to crash randomly.

Is beta testing an antiquated practice, or am I the tester here?

The thing that is most frustrating to me, is that when dealing with mega companies like Verizon and mainly Google, the "little people" (consumers) aren't heard when things like this happen.

I would love to be proven wrong here.

0 Likes
SteelersRuleNFL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found another issue with Lollipop. For Apps stored on the Micro Sd Card, when an update id done to that App, it moves it back to the device, and you have to move it back to the SD Card.

0 Likes
sksward

Similar issues as well:

Battery life drains abnormally fast

Phone runs hot

System crashes

System slow

Not happy at all!

0 Likes
pstreck1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dorothy, feel free to keep clicking your heels all the way to Kansas on that one J I put my daughter on one of those discount providers that uses the Verizon network (it starts with Page); I gave her an S4 that Verizon had previously “updated” by Verizon (I had to do multiple factory resets anyway). It cost me $20 to have someone remotely configure the phone for the Page**** service and now I’m paying half the monthly cost for her and I NEVER see a Verizon update. It works like it did the first day it came out of the box. When enough people realize they can save $ AND not have to deal with the Verizon updates; then behaviors will change, especially if larger corporate customers start waking up.

0 Likes
pstreck1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Next time you will fight the urge to push the self destruct (software update) button J

0 Likes
jimmiewade
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues my battery never makes it passed 11 am, before the update I was good all day until I went to bed.  No new apps since the update but the apps I hade do not function very well anymore.  Phone freezes up constantly. 

0 Likes