Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
Bassbusta

I discovered today after several intermittent episodes of massive battery drain and excessive heating of my S5, that my particular problem is with the bluetooth driver.  It appears that the new bluetooth driver does not disconnect properly from a device sometimes which then causes it to continuously try to talk with a no longer available device.  This occurred when leaving my car (which was bluetooth connected) on several occasions.  By cycling the bluetooth power, the battery drain and heat subsided.  Verizon, please look into this as a potential cause for some of the reported battery problems.  I did perform a full factory reset and cleared the cache after the update, which did not solve this problem.

0 Likes
actormike
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well if a high schooler said it, it must be true! Lol Article citation please?

Tanner24
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're you able to reinstall Facebook after the fix our does it need to stay off of the phone?

0 Likes
waynerf4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having all kind of problems after the undated and finally decided to do a factory reset...after the reset my phone is doing good.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
actormike
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes which removes all third party apps!

0 Likes
gunderss
Enthusiast - Level 1

My contacts wont Sync or even show up, battery life is crap and he background is now white instead of black. I don't want to use Odin to flash the ROM back to KitKat 4.4.3 but I might have to if Lollipop 5.1 doesn't release soon. This is total crap.

0 Likes
waynerf4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Then if it's the phone why was it working perfect before d lollipop update?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Eddie129
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get rid of the lollipop upgrade reminder?  It keeps popping up during the day, and I simply close all apps to get rid of it.  No way I'm upgrading from kitkat 4.4.4 given lollipops issues.  But does anyone kn I w how to make the upgrade popup go away?

stef7
Master - Level 2

You are assuming these are commodity devices, and what works for a large portion of the population should work for all. But this might not be universally true for the entire population. The devices may have HW and firmware differences, depending on when they were manufactured. There may be aspects of the OTA that results in some people continuing to experience problems, even after performing a low-level cache clear and a Factory Data Reset.

0 Likes
Eddie129
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, ActorMike, I read the blog you cited about the FB app drain.  But how is this relevant?   For many of us, our phones work fine with kitkat 4.4.4, and meet our current needs.  So why should I upgrade to somthing new (lolly-flop) that might cause my phone that I'm completely satisfied with, to potentiaaly degrade into something unworkable.  Most of us dont have the time, patience, or desire to endure emptying cashes, having to backup data and perform factory reboots, or remove apps one by one to identify battery draining culprits.  Lastly, Verizon should allow me to decline this nonsense without harassing me with pop-up upgrade notification reminders every hour.