Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
WhiskeyFoxtrotBravo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm very unhappy. Battery life - worse Performance - worse GPS - a lot worse Heat - worse Cleared cache Wiped and returned to factory default. No change just a lot of wasted time. This is a business tool for me. Repeat. I am very unhappy and wish I could downgrade from this "upgrade". Verizon, please, do something. Fast.

JuanTamayo
Enthusiast - Level 2

They need to fix this ASAP.   Hurry up Verizon and Samsung! Fix this!!

luassaul
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lollipop has basically destroyed my phone.  Battery life is non existent the phone is constantly over heating and sluggish and apps keep crashing

rosej
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything is using up battery. This update has distroyed my phone!

Malinsm
Enthusiast - Level 1

My experience has been poor since the upgrade, I wish I could downgrade. Battery life is bad, 4 hours on a charge. Sluggish too. Even overheated once.

Hoping we'll see some additional fix soon.

0 Likes
Malinsm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Right, I forgot some app crashes. Not exceptionally bad for me, the battery life is really the crushing part.

0 Likes
Walt54
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you got to the phone's boot menu and clear the cache it should fix the

problem. It fixed mine

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM, boatdrinks <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mlittrell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was do excited to get the update but now I'm having so many problems that I never had until after this update.

1. Phone consistently overheating

2. My text messages either don't send, are delayed (in receiving), not sending at all (have had text say they are sending for hours.) I'm also not text messages.

3. When I go to answer a call it tells me that I have a missed instead of allowing me to answer the call.

4. My battery life is greatly depleted.

5. Some apps are legging massively.

I've never had an update cause this many issues, usually they make my phones performance a lot better. I'm very disappointed. I hope these issues get fixed VERY soon.

mwsilvers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read every post in this thread and it seems a large number of people have very similar and serious problems as a direct result of the recent upgrade to lollipop on their Galaxy s5. The majority of the issues seem to be related to WiFi, battery life and overheating, although there more isolated indications of other serious problems with specific apps or features. There is no doubt in my mind that these problems have occurred through no fault or error by anyone who has posted. I'd like to suggest another perspective on things though. While many people, way too many, have had serious problems with this upgrade, it appears the majority of s5 owners have not had these catastrophic problems. And I believe a dialog between those with problems and those without needs to be created to understand how those phones with problems differ from those with few or no problems.

I'm apparently one of the lucky ones. I updated 3 Galaxy s5's from kitkat to lollipop last week and have had virtually no issues. I had one notification issue on one phone which was resolved by wiping the system cache. I'm additionally having two problems with the Dolphin browser. First it now crashes without warning several times a day, and second web pages seem to blink a few times a minute. Other than that my WiFi works perfectly, the battery life is better than with kitkat, my phone operates faster than before and the internet using the Dolphin browser opens new pages instantaneously. My email programs are faster than before and my standby battery life is much, much better, there is no lag, .and my phones do not overheat. The real question should be IMHO, is why some phones are effectively disabled as a result of this update, and why most others are not. If it will help, I'm willing to share details of what apps and system settings I use with others in the hopes that some points of failure can be identified. One such point of failure has apparently already be identified, the WiFi Smart Network switch. On my three phones it was not set on by default. .Perhaps that feature does not play well with lollipop. Right now, of the four check options in the advanced WiFi menu the only one checked is WiFi Notifications.  I'm am not suggesting that anyone should stop using features or a setting that worked previously, but I think the goal is to trouble shoot and identify settings that may be causing issues..      .  

It's easy to point fingers at Verizon, and maybe they deserve it. But there are three different vendors involved with this process. Google, Samsung and Verizon. The introduction of a new operating system on a variety of phones from different manufacturers and service providers is a daunting task at best. There will always be problems for some users, but right or wrong, end users are an important part of the resolution of these issues. I understand the desire to vent and place blame, but that won't get your phones working. Sharing more detailed info on what we're doing and how we're doing it, might.

0 Likes
Markrm01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory data reset today and still have the same issues. Not sure I can hold out for an update. I went by a Verizon store and they said some other users are having the same issue but didn't have a fix or a date or idea when an update will be out.

0 Likes