Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
Trexican
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problems as everyone else. My phone became a train wreck the moment I updated. What I can't understand is that the problems started as soon as I updated. How did this not get tested enough to figure that out??

pkuntz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung S5 users with new lollipop update:

For all those having the constant wifi disconnection/reconnection issue, I found out how to remedy the problem:

Go into settings- go to wifi settings-  select the three dots in upper right hand corner to bring down wifi settings menu - select advanced- you'll see SMART NETWORK SWITCH, make sure that box is unselected.     That should fix the problem.  

As for phone temperature getting hot, make sure you use task manager an close apps you're not using, and use power saver. It cools the phone down and solves the problem until Android/Verizon fix the bug issues.

Snn5
Legend

Most have found that to be a temporary fix.

DustinCupit

Yeah. This is crazy. I just got the S5 TODAY.  Came with 56% Battery and let it fully die. Then I plugged it in and let it charge while being off till it got to 100 then unplugged it, but didn't turn it on. About an hour later, I turn it on to find 97% on it. Didn't take much notice and then a update came through, updated it within 5 minutes and come back to 92%. This is sickening that such a new phone drained so fast.

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

There is no sense of listing the problems I am having with my phone, since everyone already listed them.

The sad thing about this is that it happens with every update Verizon does on different phones. I dealt with it last year and before, and before.

My phone was working flawlessly until the good Ole lollipop came around. Why push an update if the phones were working fine, only to create a blunder of problems, and upset customers with no possible remedy in the near future.

Bottom line is Verizon does not test any software to see if there is a problem with it. If the new software was tested, no one would be having any problems with their phones.

Verizon : you create your own headaches by pushing these updates.

RedRam99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im still getting the disconnect / reconnect issue with it unchecked

mossman813
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pathetic that these problems haven't been resolved yet. My phone has physically died everyday since I have installed this "update". If something isn't fixed this week, I'll officially be jumping from VZW to another carrier after being a customer for the last 12 years. I'm sick of being treated as a second-class citizen/guinea pig over and over again.

greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

Mossman, the issue will not be addressed by anyone from Verizon. They will ask you the normal stupid questions they normally ask. was the phone exposed to water? Try it in safe mode and all sorts of nonsense, yet denying the fact they ruined customers' phones with the upgrade.

Everyone on his/her own. You will not get a fix from Verizon.

christophercrob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Battery issues, wi-fi problems, and almost unresponsive UI since the update yesterday (2/7/2105) morning.  Please help!

crallfish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wife did the lollipop update and is having the same issues as everyone else. She has been a beast now that her phone is crap. Thanks Verizon for rolling out a crappy update. Lollipop kids need to kick you in the shins now that I have to deal with her bitching about her once nice phone. Roll out a fix, quick!