Samsung Galaxy S4 won't read sim card
alwilliford85

Is there a way to get my Samsung Galaxy S4 to read the sim card?  I received the replacement phone last week and it was working great until this evening when it decided to no longer read the sim card.  So please is there a way to reboot this and get it to read the sim card or do I have to go through insurance again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 won't read sim card
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Did you try to pull the Sim card out to test?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alwilliford85,
Let's fix this! tbo27 provided a great option. Please try removing/inserting the sim and test. If you need a new sim you can visit a store location to receive a new sim. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stgmngr210
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was just at a store today for the same reason. Replacement S4 (third in 3 weeks due to overheating) wouldn't read sim card all of a sudden. It is 48 hours old. It overheated, and fried the sim card reader. Do your self a favor, and don't ask for one to be sent to you, it could likely be the reader.

I can attest, that S4s, as a whole...are WAY defective. I'm on day 2 (this week...easily a week of inability to use various S4s over the past 3 weeks) of an unusable phone as a result.

0 Likes
alwilliford85

I pulled the SIM card and same problem

On Sep 18, 2014 7:35 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
stgmngr210
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can call and have Verizon send you one, but you stand the DISTINCT possibility that the card id fine, but the card reader is fried. You're best off bringing it to a store, so they can replace it with another phone.Oh, here's the fun part, even though you'll be standing in a store with a bazillion phones, they have to mail you one. "Policy". Super cool, hu? Oh, AND  Unfortunately, Verizon will only replace an S4 with an S4, so, get used to EVERY WEEK boxing up ANOTHER phone to send back, while being DAYS without a working phone...because, oh, they will only send it regular mail...not expedited.

Super fun.

Just hope it doesn't catch on fire, or burn you.

0 Likes