Samsung Galaxy S4-nothing but trouble, always randomly restarting itself, doesn't send some texts.
kigalia

I have only had my device for a short time. It is a work issued phone. Since I have had it, it's given me nothing but trouble. The first thing that happened is the phone was making me do a software update. So i tried and it didn't take, I ended up having to factory reset my phone because it froze a few times with no way of un-freezing it.

Now it randomly restarts itself, and doesn't send texts every couple of texts until after I reset my phone, then it will send texts again.

This is a phone I have only had maybe 1 month and have barely used, so I'm thinking its just the phone they sent was bad from the beginning.

My question to fellow users is, Have you had the same problems? What did Verizon do for you to fix it?

I'm dreading calling customer service because I feel like they will just be like, "Too bad so sad. Can't do a thing for your crappy phone we sent you."

Thank you in advance for any input/advise!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4-nothing but trouble, always randomly restarting itself, doesn't send some texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kigalia, we are here for you! We pride ourselves on our network and definitely don't want a bum phone to impede in you enjoying our services. What software is the phone on now? (Settings>More tab>About Phone>Baseband Version)

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4-nothing but trouble, always randomly restarting itself, doesn't send some texts.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

kigalia wrote:

I have only had my device for a short time. It is a work issued phone.

I would first go back to your IT person or whoever issued you the phone, and let them know of the issues you are having.  If others in your workplace have the same phone without issues, it may be the phone, and it can be exchanged through work channels.

0 Likes
kigalia

Thank you for trying to help! There is nothing more frustrating than a brand new phone not working properly. Baseband Version: I545VRUFNC5

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
HowardsEnd

I JUST GOT THE GALAXY S4. AFTER THAT UPDATE, MY PHONE BEGAN RESTARTING RANDOMLY.  NO THIRD PARTY APPS ON THE PHONE. PLAIN AND SIMPLE THIS IS NOT VERIZON'S FAULT. SAMSUNG IS AT FAULT. END OF DISCUSSION.

0 Likes