Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (model GT-I9195)
petermart

Hello,

I have cell phone Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (model GT-I9195) bought in Europe. As far as I know, it is capable to work in these networks: GSM: 850/900/1.800/1.900 MHz, UMTS: 850/900/1.900/2.100 MHz, LTE: 800/850/900/1.800/2.100/2.600 MHz. I am going for one month to US and I would like to buy some prepaid plan from you for that one month. My question is - will my phone work in your network?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (model GT-I9195)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you following up with us, petermart. The cellular service structure is different in the US when compared to many countries overseas. This means that there are different variations of many phones out there that will function optimally through the various carriers available here in the US.This also means that there may be incompatibilities as not all devices will feature the same bands/frequencies needed to work out here.

Tha majority of our voice services function through 1X/CDMA technology, which was not listed in your previous post. Data services may function with the available LTE bands.

It is very likely that your mileage will vary depending on the intended features you are looking to use. Data may function, but voice calls will likely not work.

Once a SIM card is active & installed, it can be further determined what features will function.

I do apologize for this inconvenience, as I know your time is limited once in the US. We do have prepay devices for purchase, but I understand your preference in utilizing your existing hardware.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

petermart,

Congrats on your upcoming trip. We hope you enjoy your time in the US. We can attempt to activate your phone on our network. However, please be advised we cannot guarantee the phone will work to its full potential on our or any network as it was not bought for that specific network.

RobinD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
petermart

Hi Robin,

thanks for your reply. What does it mean "we can attempt to activate"? I need to be sure it will be possible to be activated, I do not want to spent time by going to your store where they will tell me that my phone is not compatible. There is not way to know this for 100% in advance? Also, what do you mean by phone working to its "full potential"? What might not work? In Europe we never have phones bought for some specific network. It does not matter what the frequency is, once it is working on one operator in any EU country, it will be working the same way in completely different operator in completely different country.

Thanks.

Martin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you following up with us, petermart. The cellular service structure is different in the US when compared to many countries overseas. This means that there are different variations of many phones out there that will function optimally through the various carriers available here in the US.This also means that there may be incompatibilities as not all devices will feature the same bands/frequencies needed to work out here.

Tha majority of our voice services function through 1X/CDMA technology, which was not listed in your previous post. Data services may function with the available LTE bands.

It is very likely that your mileage will vary depending on the intended features you are looking to use. Data may function, but voice calls will likely not work.

Once a SIM card is active & installed, it can be further determined what features will function.

I do apologize for this inconvenience, as I know your time is limited once in the US. We do have prepay devices for purchase, but I understand your preference in utilizing your existing hardware.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
petermart

Hi Nicandro,

thanks for the clarification. I wanted to use Verizon because of a good coverage you seem to have. However, I expected CDMA to be a problem and that is why I wrote this post. Well, I will need to keep looking for provider that uses standard GSM...

Thanks once again, have a nice day.

Martin

0 Likes