Samsung Galaxy S4 crashes since system update
dosullivan

Automatic update on 10/14.  Since then, since the first phone call after the phone restarted following install, the whole phone crashes and reboots while in use for apps, calls, and just randomly when sitting on my desk or similar NOT BEING USED AT ALL situations. 

I have waited hoping there would be a bug fix but NOTHING. 

Are others experiencing these issues? 

I don't want to do a hard reset because I don't want to lose all my info and settings.  What other options do I have? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 crashes since system update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dosullivan,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the phone crashing.  We're here to help provide a resolution.  It sounds like the new update may be conflicting with something that was previously on your phone.  A hard reset is a step that can be taken to test the device without your information on the phone.  Additionally, you can test in safe mode without having to backup and reset your whole phone.

You can find the instructions here; http://vz.to/1l9iig4.

Please share your results. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dosullivan,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the phone crashing.  We're here to help provide a resolution.  It sounds like the new update may be conflicting with something that was previously on your phone.  A hard reset is a step that can be taken to test the device without your information on the phone.  Additionally, you can test in safe mode without having to backup and reset your whole phone.

You can find the instructions here; http://vz.to/1l9iig4.

Please share your results. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Some here have had luck with the rebooting issue by going into your app drawer and turning on all the apps that you have turned off or disabled, then reboot your phone.

0 Likes