Samsung Galaxy S4 - My WiFi was connected at work and all of a sudden, it can't connect. It says it's scanning, obtaining IP address, tries to connect but won't. My IT department looked and can't figure it out either!
Limerick

Samsung Galaxy S4 - My WiFi was connected at work and all of a sudden, it can't connect.  It says it's scanning, obtaining IP address, tries to connect but won't.  My IT department looked and can't figure it out either!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - My WiFi was connected at work and all of a sudden, it can't connect. It says it's scanning, obtaining IP address, tries to connect but won't. My IT department looked and can't figure it out either!
Not applicable

Hello Limerick,

If your Galaxy S4 can connect to the router at work but the one at home, the router at home may need to have a firmware update or may have to be reset. Also, you can go into SETTINGS>WiFi>find your Router's SSID / Name>tap and FORGET. Power cycle your device and re-attempt to configure it again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - My WiFi was connected at work and all of a sudden, it can't connect.  It says it's scanning, obtaining IP address, tries to connect but won't.  My IT department looked and can't figure it out either!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Limerick,

We're on the case! Let's make sure that we get you connected. What type of device are you trying to connect your device to? When was the last time you got the phone to connect? What software version do you have on the phone. Please share.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - My WiFi was connected at work and all of a sudden, it can't connect. It says it's scanning, obtaining IP address, tries to connect but won't. My IT department looked and can't figure it out either!
Not applicable

Hello Limerick,

If your Galaxy S4 can connect to the router at work but the one at home, the router at home may need to have a firmware update or may have to be reset. Also, you can go into SETTINGS>WiFi>find your Router's SSID / Name>tap and FORGET. Power cycle your device and re-attempt to configure it again.

0 Likes