Samsung Galaxy S3 mini settings showing "factory data reset" today?
ichabod

This morning, my phone grew very warm and the battery took a major hit. When I was trying to figure out what the offender was, I looked at the "About phone" screen and saw a heading "Factory data reset" with today's date, 8/20/2015. I haven't done any kind of reset, and, in fact, the same screen says that my phone has been up for 625 hours. All of my data and apps seem to still be on the phone, so I don't believe there's been a factory reset in the commonly understood sense. Does anyone know what this is?

Path to the screen in question: Settings -> About phone -> Status

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (SCH-I435), Android version 4.4.2.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 mini settings showing "factory data reset" today?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ichabod,

We appreciate all the details provided.  I want to make sure that we get this resolved. Battery life on your S3 Mini is important.  What issues are you having with the battery ? Have you recently made any changes to your S3 Mini?  When the device is powered off and back on are you still getting the message?

Keep us posted we are here to help.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 mini settings showing "factory data reset" today?
ichabod

YareliM_VZW,

Thank you for your prompt response. The message is still there even after shutting my phone down and turning it on again. Battery life on this phone is so-so, but that is not my concern here. The question I would like answered is what that "Factory data reset" value means. Again, to get to it, go to Settings -> About phone -> Status, and the heading "Factory data reset" will be in there. (This seems to be a Samsung thing, as my Asus tablet does not have it.)

Thank you for any information you can provide.

0 Likes