Samsung Galaxy S3 Update - all notifications have stopped working...help!
Love0593
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good day.  Verizon just pushed another update to the phone (I believe it went from 4.3 ML1 to NC1?) on 5/8/14.  Since then, my app notifications have stopped - Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, email (gmail), etc.  I have to go into the app and see if there is any new message.  I have tried force stop, uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting.  There is also a significant delay and pictures do not load on Facebook.

I called Verizon today and the rep said "now that you mention it, I noticed the same problem with my phone..." and that they had no information about how to fix it.  They connected me to Samsung.  And their only solution was to do a factory reset.  I have read too many horror stories on here from when they pushed the last update, so I opted not to go that route.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, any fix or work-around??

Thank you!

Moni

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Update - all notifications have stopped working...help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly can appreciate your concerns. One of the best features on a device is the ability to get notifications. Please test the device when in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/RuMIK2. Once this has been done, please let us know if the notifications work.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes