Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini not charging
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought at first it was the Verizon mobile update because after rolling back the updates on the Support and Protect, it finished charging.

Now it's not charging again, getting stuck at 88% and not moving.  I go into the Task Manager and it says there were 30 applications closed.  I did a reboot.  it didn't help.  I shut the phone down, waited for a few minutes and turned it back on.  Still not helping.

What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini not charging
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to my Verizon store.  I needed a new charger.  Thanks for trying to help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those were some great first steps to try, Amanda D. When you're charging, are you still using the original home charger that came with your phone? If you leave it powered down while on the charger does it move past the 88% point? If you look into the charging port itself, is there any debris or corrosion that might be interfering with the charge?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still using the original charger.  I leave it powered down and it does charge but it seems to take a long time.  There doesn't seem to be any junk in the charging port.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for those details Amanda D! When the phone is charging do you also notice if it gets really warm by chance?

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to my Verizon store.  I needed a new charger.  Thanks for trying to help!

0 Likes