Samsung Galaxy A11: Disable Details Prior to Voice Mail
jdanniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello.  I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy A11 Verizon Prepaid phone.  I need a bit of assistance with Voice Mail.  I've researched this problem on the Web, and on the Verizon site, but the information is outdated.  

When I go into voice mail to hear my messages, each message has details I don't want to hear, such as date, time, and phone number of the message.  I was hoping there's a way to bypass that information, and just go straight to the message.

According to the information I found on Google, you do the following:

Call in to your voicemail - Choose option 4 (Personal Options), then 2 (Administrative Options). Under Admin options, you want 4 (Message review options), then 2 (Envelope options). Turn them OFF and you will not hear the date, time, and phone number of messages that were left.

Even Verizon's Voice Mail user guide in PDF format has options for Administrative Options.  However, on this new phone, there is no Option 2.  There is no option whatsoever for Administrative Options.

So...does anyone know of a procedure for this that is current (9-22-2020) that will work?  

Thank you!   J. Danniel

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy A11: Disable Details Prior to Voice Mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That has to be frustrating to not have access to those options. You may get different options available to you if you call your number directly and access your voicemail that way. Give that a try and let the community know how that works.

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
jdanniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Noah, thank you so much for replying.  I was beginning to lose hope.

I tried calling my own phone number.   Here's what I saw:

"Please wait while we check your account information."

"Welcome to Visual Voice Mail.  Due to a change in your phone, we need to update your Visual Voice Mail service.  When we finish the update, Basic Visual Voice Mail will be provided free of charge."

There were two options at the bottom:  Subscribe to Basic Visual Voice Mail, and Call Voice Mail.

I chose the Subscribe option.  I got the following message:

"Sorry, we ran into a problem with your order.  Please contact Customer Service, etc."

I then tried dialing my own number again, but this time, tried Call Voice Mail.  That did not help.

Should I call Customer Service?  Or is there something I can do on line to fix this?  Thank you again.

0 Likes
jdanniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went over to the Verizon web site and looked around for information.

I saw the following FAQ, with the following answer:

Can Visual Voicemail be used with any device?

Visual Voicemail is supported on all smartphones and select basic phones on standard accounts.

On prepaid accounts, only Visual Voicemail for iPhone® is available.

I have a prepaid account.  So, apparently, Visual Voice Mail is not compatible with my plan.  So...any suggestions on how to proceed?  Should I just call Customer Service and see if they can make adjustments on their end for me?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jdanniel. The information you found is correct. We are unable to add visual voicemail on Prepaid accounts with non-iPhones. Not to worry though, there are a lot of visual voicemail app services you can use to get this option. 

0 Likes